help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed

my jg mp5 is firing at 360 fps......... now this is obviously too hot to skirmish with, I've been trying the "half cock" method but to no success...
    any ideas what else i can do? not prepared to do a spring change myself as i know something will get lost or go wrong

also.. I have a tokyo marui tactical master, does anybody know what these fire at? I can't use my chrono on this as it's blowback, and the style of my chrono is the one where you attach it to the barrel

all help appreciated

thanks

Re: help needed

if your local site has forums ask on there is someone will do a spring change for you before the weekend , most will do it free or for a couple of pints

the tm should be safe
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

thanks for the quick reply mate, if anyones in the cambs area my local is UA, will gladly buy someone a few pints if they could sort this out for me

Comment

contacted free fire zone about this if they could tell me who to go to, they said to drill some very small holes in the air nozzle.. 4 holes at 0.5mm

is this advisable?

Comment

I've heard of retailers doing this, but personally I wouldn't touch this technique with a bargepole.

If you think about it, there is an o-ring on the front of the piston. I'd be too worried about swarf from the hole drilling damaging the piston o-ring.
          sigpic

Comment

As above.
            If your going to do it/have it done, might as well do it properly, there are plenty of reputable techies out there, might even find someone on here that would do it for the postage.

Comment

I always though your were allowed 5% of the limit over so 350=368.
              But you should get a person whos expericend with this to alter it

Comment

Originally posted by Luke159 View Post
                But you should get a person whos expericend with this to alter it
                Varies from site to site. I can think of at least 2 who will not allow a gun that has gone 1fps over the limit.
                sigpic

Comment

just put a good few thousand rounds through it and it has reduced it significantly. Now at around 346

cheers for the replies

Comment

chronoed it again and it's gone back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

do i have a dodgey chrono or what? this is really starting to annoy me now................

Comment

Originally posted by Luke159 View Post
                      From memory the limit is 328 FPS but can have a tolerence of upto 10% that can take it to approx 360, most sites say 350 though, I think its that anyway

Fire more rounds off if you cant get the spring change done, I fired about 4 or 5 high cap MP5 mags when I got my first JG gun many years ago and it worked fine
                      sigpic

Comment

I've now put at least 12 or more high caps through, so I'm just going to get a tm velocity reducer. have heard some bad reviews on these but if i want to skirmish it's my only choice

thanks for the advice

Comment

Wont the velocity reduce cost the same or more than changing the spring and there are also some sites that don't let you use the velocity reducers so check with your local one first
                          sigpic

Comment

I would get a spring change but I can guarantee something will go wrong if i did it, also I can't find anybody to do it for me.
                            i rang my local yesterday asking whether they allow the reducer and they said it's fine

Comment

The reducers are really poor, as is the advise your local site has given you regarding drilling the air nozzle!

Start a new topic on here along the lines of "Need somebody to do a spring change for me in the X area". Somebody here will be close and willing. It's a £5 - £10 part, and somebody will do it for not much more than a crate! If you lucky they'll sort out a regrease, shim it correctly and adjust the engagement angle too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
                              Working...
                              X