Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Can I charge a 7.4v lipo with my regular smart charger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I charge a 7.4v lipo with my regular smart charger?

Would much appreciate if anyone can help with this . Cheers.

Re: Can I charge a 7.4v lipo with my regular smart charger?

no, for the love of god NO

You can buy a smart charger for £35 that does lipo, nimh, liFe and nicad, but if you really have to ask, then you dont own this charger and are just about to set fire to a small part of your parents house...

Comment

Really NO do NOT under any circumstances do this. I use a Turnigy Accucell 6 (ebay it) but really for the love of god do not use a "normal" charger on lipo's.
      Originally posted by tackle
      For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

OK guys. Mines a Pro-Peak smart charger...got t second hand so not 100% sure on its credentials. Is this the smart charger you happen to be talking about?

Comment

nope

google is your friend fella, search the model number on your charger, it will be there somewhere, underneath, or clearly on the front of it somewhere... before you do some damage!

Comment

The traditional airsoft favourite charger amongst sites, was the Pro-Peak 2500 Varipulse (Manufacturers site: http://www2.ripmax.net/Item.aspx?Ite...tegory=090-020) , so I'd guess this is what you have. This is NOT suitable.

You need a charger that can "Balance" Charge for Li-Po and to use the correct setting on it accordingly. Using a regular charger is likely to result in over-charging and inevitable fire.
            I would also suggest you invest in a "charging bag". They are a couple of quid, but if the worst happens, gives you an extra safety margin to play with.

As already mentioned the Turnigy Accucell 6 is a good charger, as are genuine (there are lots of fakes) iMAX B6 chargers.
            Last edited by BioSniper; 21 February, 2012, 10:45.

Comment

As above, you need something with a socket for the balancing wire coming out of the Lipo, so the cells charge evenly and it doesn't spontaneously set fire to your house.

Comment

Try and charge that with a regular Nimh, Nicad charger and your LiPo will expand rapidly and explode, great fun, deep joy!

Comment

OK thanks everyone, just what I was after

Comment

This will happen.

that about sums it up...
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                      This will happen.

that about sums it up...
                      You are so very wrong there fella.

It would be much much much BIGGER
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Ahah, first one i found i was hoping for a gif of the atomic testing, but hey itll do.

Seriously people have lost houses because of incorrectly charged lipos.
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Your can get a decent lipo charger for under a tenner I have an "E-Sky" branded one does 7.4 and 11.1v costs extra for a wall socket plug/transformer but I just hook the supplied croc clips up to the 12V line of a computers PSU.

Works a treat and been using it for a year or so without issue.
                          Originally posted by Fenriz
                          I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                          Working...
                          X