Gucci Airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gucci Airsoft?

I've played at games all over the UK nad have never come accross any sites that actively discourage clones/cheap kit.I've met lots of players who do it, and i just ignore them as they are clearly idiots. Airsoft is like anything in this life, do what makes you happy and screw everyone else and their opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
      being somewhat of a self confessed gucci player i do not look down on anybody for using JG or whatever else they want to use

in fact its the other way round, i have to spend ages explaining why my £1000 mp5 is better than their £150 one - and i usually end up looking like the dick

just get what you want/can afford - i have expensive gear because I like it, not because im trying to impressed anyone
      So, do they come up to you and go; My 150 quid is better than your 1000 quid one? Some people need a shot of common sense I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzy View Post
        Ignoring them's sometimes a little hard, they stand out too much
        thats what guns are for:D

Comment

Utrinque...

no but when if im stood next to a fellow MP5 user or whatever you know how people talk about their gear... and as soon as i go "systema" all of a sudden i get a torrent of abuse like "i could buy 5 of these for that"...

- what im saying is dont get obsessed with the people that spend more in their gear - it doesnt make a slight bit of difference to how they play airsoft - and doesnt even mean they enjoy it better

just means they have excess amounts of money to spend
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

yeah but then they go off an cry to the marshall and say your cheating :P

ive actually played a game where a newbie took a stress. going there shooting at me. there shooting at me

Comment

Try telling them that when they stop running around the woods, playing soldiers, and firing little plastic balls at each other, you'll take the kit more seriously.
              sigpic

Comment

i wear some quite expensive gear but truthfully i probably get hit more due to me trying not to mess up my kit and me wearing a plate carrier with various gucci items on it means i cant go prone nearly as easily as someone in simple bdu's if anyone tells you that you are a worse player due to simpler cheaper kit they should be publicly shamed as you will probably get more hits due to you being able to move faster without worrying able your kit being torn or getting muddy
                Last edited by glock17; 31 October, 2009, 12:53.

Comment

i have only been told that airsoft sites in north Wales are like this , but it has got me thinking are they saying this so i am put off going to the likes of alpha 55, alpha omega ect. i am hoping to get a few more sites so i will know what to expect if i go to a national game.

Comment

Originally posted by glock17 View Post
                    i wear some quite expensive gear but truthfully i probably get hit more due to me trying not to mess up my kit and me wearing a plate carrier with various gucci items on it means i cant go prone nearly as easily as someone in simple bdu's if anyone tells you that you are a worse player due to simpler cheaper kit they should be publicly shamed as you will probably get more hits due to you being able to move faster without worrying able your kit being torn or getting muddy
                    So true.
                    I hope you dont take this personally or take any offence to this as I dont mean anything by it but I often find it's the players with expensive kit who seem to be the ones who are less likely to dive in the dirt and crawl from cover to cover. Which if you ask me is slightly odd as it's the expensive real deal kit which is built to take that kind of punishment.
                    Over the past 6 months I've worked my way down from full plate carriers to playing most games with just my belt kit and a chicom sks chest rig and I've found that most of my friends who at first would mock the sks rig now use me as an example of how you dont need all the gucci kit.

As for the geardos mocking cheap kit my fave example was when two guys in full brit desert kit went upto two guys wearing DDPM trousers and coyote brown tshirts with woodland NI chest rigs which had been sprayed desert and were slightly dusty and told them "No real soldier would wear that" to get the reply "Really?, We were wearing these a fortnight ago in Afghanistan" The two guys the geardos had chosen to mock were soldiers on leave :D

Comment

At copehill this year we saw a house full of guys in full UK/US SF gear get cleaned out across the street by three guys in jeans and t shirts with TM aks

Its not all about the high speed... Im a fairly geardo player but if it dont work, I dont keep it (often if it do work I dont keep it either but hey). Find what works for you, and stick with it. My current rig is an arktis battlevest Ive modded to my own requirements, lashed pistol mag pouches and a hydro carrier, sprayed up and generally abused and I love it more than any of the highspeed molle plate carrier rig stuff Ive had previously

Having said that, Ive just laid down dollar on the magpul MOE limited edition so should probably not comment

Comment

its a psychological thing you spend so much on it you want to be perfect and i carry about 15 mags at all times so i kind of need a bigger rig otherwise i would probably just go for a belt set up i use them when i use hi caps and they do really enhance your playing ability

Comment

devinek, if you are looking for a friendly fun team who doesn't judge a book by its cover try Delta team 3. We skirmish in ormskirk twice a month and our next game is the 15th. The team is relatively new so there is a massive mix of kit. some of the lads have been playing for years and have all the stuff, where as others have only just started and use what they can.

Pm me for more info
                          Never in the field of human conflict has so much been fired, at so many, by so few - Apache pilot Steve James

www.deltateam3.co.uk

Comment

After 5 years im still trying to find a kit loadout that actually works and ive found

DPM baseball cap the fiance bought me (customed with shiny stars and the lionhead thing from final fantasy)
                            Team G.Z.C.F hoodie (black)
                            Team truspec Desert tigerstripes
                            Cheap ass boots from tk maxx
                            3X thermold mag thigh holster
                            4 stanag midcaps
                            and my Dboys or R85

i have a few tm guns atm and i actually prefer the clones and hopefully gunna recieve a AGM GBB m4 CQB which is another clone on the 8th

my bro wears the same kit and uses a internally stock p90 and hes a devil in the bushes and going in for kills

just dont be scared to run head first as after all your only doing deadtime and not actually dying and have fun

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

Originally posted by glock17 View Post
                              its a psychological thing you spend so much on it you want to be perfect and i carry about 15 mags at all times so i kind of need a bigger rig otherwise i would probably just go for a belt set up i use them when i use hi caps and they do really enhance your playing ability
                              Yeah I get that with my custom guns. I spend so much time putting them together and getting them just right it really annoys me when I accidentally scratch them.
                              With mags I used to carry about that many too but I found I wasnt using them all which is one of the reasons I switched to the SKS altho that holds 8 mags plus the two on my belt and one in the gun and I'm still not using them all in a day.

Comment

evansy yep ive seent the people that dont want to get their stuff dirty not me

my expensive plate carriers rip and frey, i go through DPMs like a fat kid eats cake (bad choice of words because i myself am fat), and my guns fall apart

haha you should see my mp5.... the left hand side receiver is scratched and dented to hell and ive lost the butt plate so just duct tape the stock up
                                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

devinek Go airsofting when I get the time of work wich is very little at the moment Find out more about devinek
                                Working...
                                X