Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Shotgun?

Ahoyhoy,

So after another fun cqb game today, I'm thinking about getting a shotgun. I At the moment I've been using dual pistols, which is great, and recently, my standalone M203 'Bruiser,' which is also fricking sweet. It is brutal looking and scares a whole new vocabulary of Chinese curses out of my mates. But I want a nice shotty with nice cocking action to blast my peeps with. Any recommendations?

Basically, I want..

Something reasonably short. The super 90s etc are nice, but perhaps less than practical for cqb. Spas perhaps?

Something with shells, not a magazine. I hate those charger things. They should be burned.

Not shell ejecting. As cool as the Terminator 2 Winchester looks and performs, ejecting shells are not practical. I want one that takes shells, so that I can display them all over my kit etc, but doesn't boing them out the back to be lost.

Something reasonably cheap and reliable. There's tons of Chinese stuff here of course, which is fine actually, so I don't care about an expensive Marushin or something. What makes are good?

It's gotta look good. So pics would be helpful. And let me know how you've found skirmishing with a shotty. Is it fun? Is it effective? What are the downsides?

Ta!

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Re: Which Shotgun?

I use an ACM M500 as my primary. It's big, loud and intimidating as hell. I recently added a real steel top-folding stock for more practicality during CQB.

If it was me, I'd get one of these and just add a few dummy cartridges to my kit. The action is so much easier on a gas shotty than on one of the cartridge fed spring ones, they fire 5 BBs at a time instead of 3 and have a 150 BB capacity, plus the noise and power make people hide in corners, or just give up.
    sigpic

Comment

so you just pour bb's into it, fill it with gas and off it goes? does it make a more impressive sound?

Comment

yea either the ACM m500 or the marushin one like mine if you can get it (if you want it short get the pistol grip one not the full stock)

3 loading roads sit in the front - rotate and fill with bbs from a speedloader or drop them in - push the barrles back in

then fill with gas, cock and fire.. and fire.. and fire some more

the firing sound is meanish though quietish but the cocking sound is the most intimidating sound ever and will make people cry before they even see you coming round the corner
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

It's got a loading tube that slides out of where the magazine is on a real shotty. Inside there's 3 separate tubes, each of them take 50 BBs. When you've used up 1 tubes worth, you simply twist the end to get the next 50. Basically, 10 shots - twist etc etc.

Noise wise, it's pretty loud. It fires 5 BBs at roughly 300fps, all in 1/50th of a second, and with no blow back to sap the power. There's also a nice cloud of gas that gets expelled when you fire.

I've got an M4, an MP5 and an MP7, as well as the other guns I've bought and sold, and this is the one I keep coming back to. OK, it hasn't got the rate of fire of a decent AEG (though 2-3 shots a second is possible with practice) and it's only accurate to about 30m (so you need to get close if playing woodland), but it's worth it when you slam 5 BBs into your target with 1 trigger pull. I also find it cuts through undergrowth better than an AEG for some reason. I was getting kills through the bushes, at the weekender, where others were just getting BBs deflected.

EDIT, beat me to it! I would say that if you want short, you can always get a real steel ATI stock for about $75 in the US and these will fit with very little work. That way, you can have a shorty when you want it, or full length for accuracy.

sigpic

Comment

i'd say no to a spaz 12, personally i find the plastic cocking lever to be a pain in the ass, compared to TM's m3 rubberised cocking lever.

best shot gun i ever had, and i regret ever selling was my TM m3 benelli short, but with a full stock, it rocked, short enough for CQB, and had the stock for leaning into it and aiming.

alot of the cloner shotguns are quite good, the DE shotties arn't up to the TM levels, but the mossberg's and M500's, especially the full wood and metal ones are awsome, both in springer and gas, sadly, most are mag fed or tube fed, not shell.

Boris
            K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

I've owned pretty much all of the spring shotguns, and I found that the TM Tactical Launcher was by far the best. It had the same range as a lot of AEG's at my site and a near perfect spread. It's small, has rails, sliding stock etc... The thing that tips it that little bit further, is that it's the easiest spring shotgun to cock...
              Trader Feedback:
              New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
              Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

yeah i'm just thinking, the spring one's might not sound as good as the gas, but at least i'll never have gas venting or leaking problems.
                that m500 looks okay though - although i would personally take that odd looking stock off. and 5 bbs per shot sound nice. i'll see how much those are over here - maybe get a shotgun holster too..

Comment

TM m3 or tactical launcher

Reliable, easy to use, uses shells so no mag, by far much cheaper to run, can be used all year round and they are effective up to nearly aeg range

Ive had numerous different shotguns and sold them all apart from my m3

Comment

my vote is for the m3 .The spas looks good ,is not as solid as the m3, and even if you cut it down its still longer than the m3. Heres mine I chopped.

Comment

Heroshark, lets see the pic with the round drum on it.

Comment

I've got a gas ACM M500 and TM M3S90 and the TM wins hands down. For CQB I'd take the shorty and either add a full stock or one of those G&P sliding ones but the G&P ones do tend to go wobbly after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by hi im paul View Post
                          Heroshark, lets see the pic with the round drum on it.
                          Here you go bud

Comment

I'd definitely recommend the ACM M500.. and if youre allowed get the 8mm version. Fired 3 8mms at a time!

If not then, as said, the 6mm version fires 5 which is pretty cool. No shells though, and its gas... but I mean, that gives is a really cool sound! Theyre metal too.

The cocking sound is also great, and I've heard plenty of stories about people just surrendering when they hear it being cocked around the corner! Gas sometimes gives a nice smokey cloud when you fire, although they do take a hell of a lot of gas to fill up!
                            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Hero-where did you get that heatshield?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Laughing Man i want you to hit me, as hard as you can.. Find out more about The Laughing Man
                              Working...
                              X