gas or aeg blowback rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas or aeg blowback rifle?

hey, im looking to get back into airsoft after a few years out and was hoping i could get some advise on the pro's and cons between 2 rifles i've had in mind.

i've been looking into blowback rifles as i like the feel that some thing is happening when you do pull the trigger
    but am not sure which is best (gas or aeg).
    i love the looks of the m416 model rilfes and so have been looking at the "WE hk416" and the "TM sopmod"
    thanks for any help and advise!

Re: gas or aeg blowback rifle?

Gas in the Mag stuff isn't really usable all year around. If it's going to be your one and only gun you'll be better off buying the AEG.

GBBr are great fun, and the blowback is much better than the AEG version. What you could do is get a AEG now and then get the GBBr later in the summer.

You'll need to attend some games before you decide anyway, ask people on the site what they have and what they think is better for you.

Comment

AEG.

Gas has better kickback, but you are limited to 30, maybe 50rnd mags. Not the end of the world, but can be frustrating when everyone else is hosing away with highcaps.

Comment

GBB Rifles are not for you if you don't want constant maintenance, they require a lot of work to keep them in top condition.

The Marui recoils series while expensive and while not having the same kick as a GBB are simply stunning rifles.

Comment

AEG first
          GBB later

A bad experience with a GBBR almost put me off altogether when I first started, although I'm now a GBBR nut nowadays, I've always got an AEG sat in the boot as a backup

Comment

I havent owned an AEG in almost 1 and a half years.

Love GBBR's.
            They can be a pain sometimes but the work you put into them is worth it.

Comment

GAS, because aeg just drains the battery power... but on the downside... you have to warm the gas up on colder times or else the gas will just shoot out of the barrel like a cloud of smoke!
              "WE SUSTAIN"- Royal Logistic Corps

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
                GBB Rifles are not for you if you don't want constant maintenance, they require a lot of work to keep them barely working
                Fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianJones View Post
                  GAS, because aeg just drains the battery power...
                  Hurdur, am gas gun have infinate powur of gas supply... to the gas.

A battery lasts way longer than a mag of gas does (That's a negative of gas guns if you're not into realism).

Comment

heh, Im sure everyone could go back and forth on this issue but both AEG and GBB have their own Pro's and Cons.

As already said though, go for an AEG first.
                    A bad experience with a GBBR can put you off entirely.

Although I firmly stand in the GBBR side of the camp and thus reliably biased towards them, starting out (or re-starting out) with an AEG is the way to go.
                    Pick up & play, minimal maintenance.

If after some time you feel you want more realism (operation, take down, maintenance) and noise I would highly recommend you start with a WE G39C.
                    One of the most reliable GBBR's on the market, simple take down and maintenance.

Comment

seconded AEG first and then GBBR. WEG36C is a fine gun
                      Reformed Pacifist

Comment

i used to have a G&G M4 blowback age worked really well every one site knew who was firing as it had a nice sound as for kickback it wasn't anything to write home about but you could feel it. they are really cheap as well as i got mine for £150
                        Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

So is a WE M4/Scar a burden then with loads of maintenance. I always presumed if they were the same make they would keep them simillar

Comment

Not at all.
                            Pretty much the same setup across the board with WE guns.
                            To be fair I believe field stripping a WE M4 variant to be quicker than a G39, one pin out and that's about it.
                            But the G39 is a plastic/polymer based weapon and as such is more reliable in colder climates.

Whatever you choose, once you learn how to field strip it at least, the rest will come with time.

When you think about the time that has to go into doing a decent service on an AEG, GBBRs are a piece of pee by comparison.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sammybo Find out more about sammybo
                            Working...
                            X