Celcius CTW Gen3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celcius CTW Gen3

Evening all, I recently asked for people to go through the differences of the CTW/PTW V TM recoils for me, I came to the conclusion that I love my recoil guns but still felt I was missing something, anyway I have decided to keep my SOCOM and sell my Recce rifle along with a few other bits I had such as flashlight, aimpoint etc.

Im now in a position where I can get myself a CTW with mags, battery etc but before I do wanted to get people's final thoughts on the gen 3 model of the CTW. I know that people say that if your thinking of a Celcius then you should save more and get a Systema, however based on how often I play do I need to?

I play once a month and have 2 AEG's that I alternate during the day and typically 75% of the shooting is on semi as its CQB, it seems that the Celcius seems to be a nice compromise as it give me a basic starter package at CTW/PTW level as well as letting me keep my recoil SOCOM but im keen to get the input of those people with the gen 3 models and how they feel it performs and how it will stand up over time to basically 3 hours of play per month with 1000 - 1500 rounds through.

I don't want this to turn into a Celcius are crap so get a Systema thread so please only constructive views / thoughts from current or previous owners of the gen 3 version, also I have a very good deal lined up so not after any PM's or posts offering them.Thanks all
    sigpic

Re: Celcius CTW Gen3

Having tried my mates gen2 that has been upgraded to gen 3, they are very good but quality control wasn't too hot. They have better quality controll now and at least with 12 month warranty you will get repairs done. From most accounts, the mags are far superior. Wonky barrels seem to be a thing of the past and the cracking nozzles has been fixed ( although not by curing the cause). Side by side the 11.1v lipo ctw is slightly slower firing than a 9.6 ptw.

I went systema in the end as, for me, Id always have that bit of doubt that i'd be wishing I went systema.

I also play mainly CQB on semi, but have enough choice of guns to regularly rotated what I use.

Comment

I've used both and own Two systema AR's and i'm currently saving for a systema mp5.

If your rate of play isnt too demanding. I.E your not playing every weekend then going to events and really wearing your guns out like you say, then to be honest a CTW is a choice worth considering.

I'm certainly not bashing CTW's but to be honest as above, if i ever bought one. I'd always have that niggling doubt that it wasn't a systema for varying reasons. The build quality is good for an AEG but i feel systema's still push the barrier both internally and externally. I only had a go with the V2's which seemed to have a fair amount of problems (although i didnt find any when i loaned one) if they have been fixed then your looking at a solid gun.

Honestly though, my preference is systema. Full stop. but if your looking to spend so much on a CTW why not spend it upgrading one of your Recoil shock AR's? get that up to a serious "eagle6"-esk standard. You'll get close-ish to a systema performance with the right upgrades, a functioning bolt catch and the added bonus of the recoil effect.

Just an idea :D

Comment

I know its not what you asked for, but if its realism your after and your only playing cqb, would you not consider a gbbr?

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
          I know its not what you asked for, but if its realism your after and your only playing cqb, would you not consider a gbbr?
          Did consider it but even in CQB they are just to much hassle for me
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
          Working...
          X