UKARA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKARA?

Okay, so first off I apologise if this has been asked before or is in the wrong section.
    But, I was wondering, could you purchase a RIF without having a UKARA, but if you could prove you have a Shotgun License? Or do you still have to be UKARA registered?
    Cheers
    Caza

Re: UKARA?

There are billions of threads on this topic here; do a search.

You need to avail yourself of a defence under the Violent Crimes Reduction Act - A full-scale Firearms Cert won't even cut it; even if you are licenced for Nukes...

Go skirmishing; it's the only (easy) way.

Comment

Okay thank you for clearing that up for me.
      Caza

Comment

Originally posted by caza View Post
        Okay thank you for clearing that up for me.
        Caza
        It is by no means the ONLY way to prove you are a skirmisher, just most likely the easiest. Either way you need to have the skirmishers defence and a site willing to vouch for that fact. It is down to the retailer to check you have a suitable defence, depending on the retailer they may take the word of a site admin and not need a UKARA number.

Comment

To add; it's not an offence to attempt to purchase (if you're over 18) or to own a RIF . If someone here will sell you one without checking then you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            To add; it's not an offence to attempt to purchase (if you're over 18) or to own a RIF . If someone here will sell you one without checking then you're good to go.
            Although no one would recommend you try that as an option.

Comment

It's legal so why not? It's up to the seller to verify; more fool them if they don't.

Comment

*defence is checked by/for seller. So they know youve got a reason to want le rif.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I like these threads.

Though I rarely get to comment on them before they get closed these days.
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                    I like these threads.

Though I rarely get to comment on them before they get closed these days.
                    Now is your chance man ! Say it alll
                    MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

You've put me on the spot now...I've corpsed it!
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

To be honest I know it's silly but get a site membership even thought you have a shotty licence its a totally different game

All you need for defence is proof you are a regular attendee to a site even if the site is not ukara reg. you just need that membership proof
                        I hope you don't try and buy a gun with no defence as it does my head in when selling mine just do the time I know it sucks but has to be done :-)
                        Originally posted by bulldoguk
                        Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Comment

I will do - just thought that I could buy one now seeing as I have a license for a real gun - seems silly to me that even though you have a license for a real gun, you can't buy one/be trusted to be sensible to get one without a site membership, but hey ho, off to 3 skirmishes I go
                          Caza

Comment

Yup, it IS stupid.
                            Especially when getting a Section 1 FAC would give access to live bolt-action rifles, in some cases CHEAPER than airsoft ones.
                            AND the same with deacs - specifically excluded from the VCRA.

Comment

Oh well, the laws the law at the end of the day, however bonkers it may seem.
                              Caza

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

caza Find out more about caza
                              Working...
                              X