Stock FPS ratings for Systema PTWs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock FPS ratings for Systema PTWs?

What are the stock FPS ratings for Systema PTWs?

Re: Stock FPS ratings for Systema PTWs?

on which cyldner?

Comment

The stock one? Was just wondering out loud what FPS armed forces use for FoF training?

Comment

I know that they use far higher FPS than we would be allowed. I have heard 600fps at close range being bandied around. The guy who told me this was a serving soldier who used airsoft weapons to train recruits. He proposed the idea and in principle his CO liked the idea so he went to see them being used and was told the FPS was high so the people using them took them seriously - training aids rather than toys.

Unfortunately for him the MoD wouldn't pay out for a load of Systema's for newly trained kids straight out of basic training, so he ended up with a crate of Aug's by JG!
        JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Stock UK is approx 300 fps ( black cylinder) although theybare dead easy to upgrade to around 350. What you do its either buy the spacer kit ( about a fiver) to use a bit of pvc tube about 10mm long, the inner diameter if the pring guide. A certain shop ( recently highly rated in the annual magazine survey) who are a big systema dealer did mine to 345 and did the hop mod as part of the list price.

Comment

It all depends on the model the supermax comes with a m165 cylinder which is 550fps+ the MAX model comes with a m150 cylinder which I believe chrono's in the region of 500fps and then the Max 2 which is meant for countries with lower FPS's comes with a m90 cylinder which should chrono about 320-340fps

Comment

The MAX2 was a revision of the MAX, not meant for countries with lower fps.

this is for standard cylinders, fps will vary with cylinder porting, barrel length, and cylinder pressure, all with 0.2g bb's:
              Black (m90) 300-330fps -> up to 360 modified
              Blue (m110) 340-370fps -> up to 420 modified
              Gold (m130) 360-410fps -> up to 460 modified
              Red (m150) 450-500fps -> up to 550 modified
              Silver (m165) 480-550fps (these springs can vary quite heavily) -> up to 600+ modified
              *rumoured, but ive never seen one Purple (m170) 600-650fps
              Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwell View Post
                The MAX2 was a revision of the MAX, not meant for countries with lower fps.
                Cheers for that I've had both and I never noticed the difference to be honest I just assumed that they brought of the max 2 since some countries had restrictions on power levels for example Northern Ireland cheers for the clarification.

Comment

I was gutted that the Corporal I mentioned never managed to get the guys he went to see training down to skirmish with us. The nature of their jobs meant they could never all come down as a group to 'have a play'. The only time they came to our site was a secret night-time visit after they had been away for a while and had just got back. They turned up with a crate of beer each and played until no-one could stand up. A good way to un-wind and even though they were pi$$ed they took better care of the rental G36's than a lot of the rental airsofters ever did!

We did get to skirmish with a lot of the sprogs fresh out of basic training. They were great fun and always enjoyed themselves.
                  JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Mine ( black cylinder) is a max2 the difference between the regular ptw and max 2 is the steel gears. Even so, you still can get max 2s with black cylinders.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                    Working...
                    X