Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKARA/defence question?

hi guys

im currently up to my 2nd game at my local site which im a member, im doing my 3rd game at another site (anzio)

my question is, ive been using their membership form and its been signed off twice, how would i go about getting my 3rd stamp at a diff site. do i have to be a member there as well?

thanks

Re: UKARA/defence question?

all 3 need to be from the same site to get on the UKARA DB, your third game is good enough to form a skirmish diary which is an acceptable defence with some retailers (not all) if the second site is ran by the same company as the previous two you'll get your third stamp then.

Comment

No they do not, you do NOT need to join ANY site, just get that form stamped/signed three times, take it to a ukara registered shop and they will add you to the system.

How do I know? I am a registered shop and do this daily, for free.

Comment

If you're adding UKARA entries where a punter isn't a member at the site they're supposed to be registered at that's wrong (all 3 games must be played there), you must be a member of at least one site/companies sites, he can form a skirmish diary from his outings, but he won't be database material until he has all 3 in no less than 2 months at one site/company, even I can read the much abused UKARA system rules.

Comment

Then answer me this, how much does it cost to join ukara?

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
            Then answer me this, how much does it cost to join ukara?
            Retailers shouldn't charge to add you. However I was told that I had to place an order at one place for them to add me on.
            But I joined up with f&o as a member instead which sorted mine out, tho I did have to pay for membership of f&o.
            . .

Comment

Correct! Ukara is free, shouldn't have to join a site and pay their "admin fee" to be registered. As long as the stamps are from ukara registered sites, that's good enough for me!

Comment

I joined my local site (Ambush Adventures) both to support them and to get my UKARA membership. The £10 a year fee does not seem excessive and the sytem has worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                  No they do not, you do NOT need to join ANY site, just get that form stamped/signed three times, take it to a ukara registered shop and they will add you to the system.

How do I know? I am a registered shop and do this daily, for free.
                  Out of interest, what site membership number do you use?

Surely most sites don't give out a number (which in effect becomes your UKARA number) until they've played their 3rd game. No site number, no UKARA registration?
                  sigpic

Comment

Hold on - you DON'T have to be at the same site for 3 games.

The official ruling on it is simple: You need to ask the owner of both sites whether he/ she will allow past games at other locations to count.

Here's what it says on UKARAs website:

To become a UKARA registered airsoft player you are required to take part in three games in no less than two months at your local registered gamesite.
                    Now 'local' could imply 'one that you went to before' - but as 'local' is not defined further, and there isn't any extra legislation that comes from this term, the only issue that arises is an individuals interpretation of the law (VCRA), UKARA, and what each word means.

And the definition of the VCRA quite clearly states that in order to be VCRA exempt, you must be a REGULAR SKIRMISHER (of course this is just one defence). There is no mention about going to the same site.

It really depends on the game site and who's running it. They are the one's who can/ will decide whether other games will count.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

My understanding is you have to be a regular to a site on the UKARA database for Insurance purposes in order to purchase a RIF. If you are not a regular of that site then they will not cover you on their insurance... correct? Meaning you should not be added to the UKARA database... unless I have the wrong end of the stick on this one...

Of course that is just to get onto the UKARA database, which is not the only way to form a viable defense.
                      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

No, to be eligible for UKARA membership, you must be a regular (defined: more than 3 games in NO LESS THAN 2 months) at a (any) UKARA registered game site.

There's no mention of sticking to the same site. Hence my comment, 'you'd have to ask site owners first'.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                          No, to be eligible for UKARA membership, you must be a regular (defined: more than 3 games in NO LESS THAN 2 months) at a (any) UKARA registered game site.
                          Strange. It hought you had to be a retailer to get UKARA membership.

Registration, on the other hand...

Comment

Gaffa that is one skewed view of how it works, skewed and wrong, to be on the database you need to be a site member at a site, one specific site that holds 3pli not several sites, 3 games in no less than 2 months, all stamps from the same site, if sites are doing that they undermine the database as for a UKARA member doing it, not so good,

madwelshman, £600 for a retailer last I heard, the question you failed to ask was how much does a site membership cost? depends on the site I suppose £10 to £50 I have heard rumoured £10 being the norm, but to me that is acceptable to cover admin fees, what you have done flies in the face of your agreement with UKARA, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                              Hold on - you DON'T have to be at the same site for 3 games.

The official ruling on it is simple: You need to ask the owner of both sites whether he/ she will allow past games at other locations to count.

Here's what it says on UKARAs website:

To become a UKARA registered airsoft player you are required to take part in three games in no less than two months at your local registered gamesite.
                              Now 'local' could imply 'one that you went to before' - but as 'local' is not defined further, and there isn't any extra legislation that comes from this term, the only issue that arises is an individuals interpretation of the law (VCRA), UKARA, and what each word means.

And the definition of the VCRA quite clearly states that in order to be VCRA exempt, you must be a REGULAR SKIRMISHER (of course this is just one defence). There is no mention about going to the same site.

It really depends on the game site and who's running it. They are the one's who can/ will decide whether other games will count.
                              It also says on the UKARA website:

Once you are a member of a UKARA game site and have been a regular there for more than two months, having played at least 3 times, you can get your form verified and then send it off with your next order to a UKARA retailer.
                              Now that would strongly imply that UKARA expect/require you to play all 3 games at the same site.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dwarfy Find out more about Dwarfy
                              Working...
                              X