think this is true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think this is true?

I was speaking to a mate the other day who has got a cyma ak74u. he doesnt have a ukara or any kind of defence and the gun isnt two tone. He said he bought it from HK and it was stopped at customs who phoned him up and asked him for proof.. He basically told them he didnt have any as he was just starting airsoft and would be getting the gun professionally two toned at an airsoft shop. They actually gave it to him.. i find that unbelievable that its been let through.

Re: think this is true?

you merely have to be a skirmisher so they may assume he is as he bought a gun with knowledge of VCRA and a shop that can two-tone.

Bit crappy firearms control though.
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
      I was speaking to a mate the other day who has got a cyma ak74u. he doesnt have a ukara or any kind of defence and the gun isnt two tone. He said he bought it from HK and it was stopped at customs who phoned him up and asked him for proof.. He basically told them he didnt have any as he was just starting airsoft and would be getting the gun professionally two toned at an airsoft shop. They actually gave it to him.. i find that unbelievable that its been let through.
      i doubt it very much, mine was fps tested and i even had to provide more details than just ukara no
      AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

it all depends if you get a jobsworth dealing with your gun or someone whos not that clued up perhaps
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

yep, depends who is working that particular time

Comment

Assuming this a true story....

What concerns me is the guy clearly knew he should have a 2 tone and has blagged a RIF.

All this needs is a little bit of media spin by some reporter trying to make a name for himself and all of a sudden airsofters are once again in the spotlight for illegal firearms transactions as they stockpile weapons ready to execute all reindeer in a bid to cancel Christmas.

I would hope he is just trying to big himself up - slap him either way for being a bell end.

Comment

And remind him he could be prosecuted as he obtained a RIF by fraud (lying to an official).

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                And remind him he could be prosecuted as he obtained a RIF by fraud (lying to an official).
                Though he's not lying if he IS actually getting into airsoft. It's the officials fault for not seizing and destroying it in the first place because he couldn't actually prove it.

Regardless, rather irresponsible of your mate to circumvent the VCRA that way. He was VERY lucky to get away with both getting someone who clearly wasn't clued up and not having his gun destroyed.
                Upcoming Games:
                None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

W0lf Find out more about W0lf
                Working...
                X