The "brightness" poll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "brightness" poll!

Tan/sand, olive drab, real world colours and notably bright (i.e. easily distinguishable from black/grey) but would you consider these bright enough to be used as two-tone colours, and why?
    Yes!
    12.50%
    No!
    87.50%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Re: The "brightness" poll!

i have said no as due to being real world colours, they could still be mistaken for a real firearm is used, defeating the point of an IF
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Ah, but a pink armalite exists and so you can get a femme fatale and use that for crime Also, a MAGPUL'd up M4 would be more distinguishable, becoming an identifying feature due to it's irregularity.

Comment

Obviously not, otherwise a Tan/OD Masada would be legal to buy by someone not registered.

And Proto, the G&G Femme Fatale is technically classes as a two tone. You dont need a UKARA to purchase it.

Comment

yeah, but do you not have to still have a defence to buy a the pink rifle? (never tried myself so don't know =P)
          For Sale!
          TM M870 with a load of stuff
          A&K massada sniper spec
          Chronograph
          leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
            And Proto, the G&G Femme Fatale is technically classes as a two tone. You dont need a UKARA to purchase it.
            The reason I quoted the femme fatale is because it fits in to the two tone category despite a real firearm being sold in the same colour, making it indistinguishable from an actual firearm, the point of the section within the VCRA covering the definition of an IF. Through interpretation of the VCRA, tan/od guns are two tone and as such legal to buy, one of the many loopholes of the VCRA!

Edit: The Femme Fatale is two-tone according to Zero One and doesn't have the option to two-tone

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
              The reason I quoted the femme fatale is because it fits in to the two tone category despite a real firearm being sold in the same colour, making it indistinguishable from an actual firearm, the point of the section within the VCRA covering the definition of an IF. Through interpretation of the VCRA, tan/od guns are two tone and as such legal to buy, one of the many loopholes of the VCRA!

Edit: The Femme Fatale is two-tone according to Zero One and doesn't have the option to two-tone
              The VCRA says that a rifle needs to be coloured in at least 51% of a BRIGHT colour, i.e red, orange, green, blue, pink etc. OD and tan are not bright enough to be covered under the VCRA.

And to your point of their being a "Femme Fatale", in real life, that is a question that has always plagued myself. What is to stop someone two toning a real firearm?

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
                The VCRA says that a rifle needs to be coloured in at least 51% of a BRIGHT colour, i.e red, orange, green, blue, pink etc. OD and tan are not bright enough to be covered under the VCRA.
                A few months ago on this forum, I asked about the definition of bright in terms of the two-toning and someone (you know who you are, even if I don't!) said apparently bright has no legal definition, and was advised that as long as it's distinguishable from black it should be alright

Edit: also was said that 'primary' was something along the lines of the colour which covers the most area, so two tone could be three or four tone if you wanted!

Comment

Apologies, it was advised that it should be alright if it's "easily distinguishable in low light conditions"!

Comment

The Home Office states 'Bright' then lists examples. Tan/OD don't cut it.

/thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      The Home Office states 'Bright' then lists examples. Tan/OD don't cut it.

/thread.
                      Olive drab could be classified as bright green and tan could be classified as bright yellow, there is no question of legality of two tone using tan or OD, merely a question of wether you would consider it acceptable for it to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                        Olive drab could be classified as bright green and tan could be classified as bright yellow, there is no question of legality of two tone using tan or OD, merely a question of wether you would consider it acceptable for it to be used.
                        Erm, no. No one would and more importantly, no court in the land would consider them 'bright'.

Can the mods add a poll option for 'this thread is silly'?

Comment

That is by all definitions light, what stops this being bright?

Comment

Its a dull colour and doesn't 'hurt the eye'

Comment

It doesn't correspond to the aforementioned list of example bright colours for one.

This whole conversation is moot since it only has relevance in a land of theory which, unfortunately for anyone stupid enough to apply a theory like "my gun is 51% tan and therefore it's a two tone!", is not the same land that the police live in.
                              102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Proto Find out more about Proto
                              Working...
                              X