Do i NEED a ukara to buy online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i NEED a ukara to buy online

hey guys, you know me im a regular airsofter and have had a ukara for last year however its now run out but the regular site i went to i havent been back for ages, its not a simple case of going back and playing again so he can renew it as he wants me to play three times again in so many months (the whole thing over again) but i play so many sites i havent managed to renew it officially.

what i need is a new pistol for gz this year however can i prove in another way im a regular skirmisher to buy a pistol from a well known airsoft supplier? or do they NEED a ukara?

Re: Do i NEED a ukara to buy online

Point to your previous UKARA membership then to your log of games played and if they don't accept it, classified almost certainly will!
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

i dont have an official log though =/ i could be b*********** for all they know =/ do pictures prove it too?
      Last edited by sj_asc; 18 August, 2012, 21:36. Reason: Language - There are minors viewing these boards!

Comment

Wow, they're asking you to qualify again? That's crap. Name and shame!

Comment

*********. so im not in the wrong? cos il be honest i got a bit irate with him thinkng it was a mickey take, just goes to show it wasnt the correct way of doing it =/ VERY annoying.

if i phoned up said airsoft company and told them the story would they let me through the net as it where?
          Last edited by blytm; 21 August, 2012, 14:57.

Comment

The so-called qualifying period is '3 in no less than 2'. Once qualified, you shouldn't have to do it again. Do UKARA rules state you have to do 3 in 2 every year?

Comment

not that i know off, all my mates just turn up to the site there a member of, pay the admin and off they go with another years worth of ukara

Comment

technically you shouldn't need to, but, try out your old number, then thet'll mean they'll get in contact with you and you can explain the situation.
                The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

If said company is Z1, you could buy at the weekender. If not, trying to explain might work, worst they can say is No (unless they then ask for money to 2-tone something :P).
                  AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

but that may take a few days but i need the pistol before the weekender =/

Comment

yeah its not z1 :? that would be easy, i have emailed them to ask if they will have any in stock but i havent heard anything

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                        The so-called qualifying period is '3 in no less than 2'. Once qualified, you shouldn't have to do it again. Do UKARA rules state you have to do 3 in 2 every year?

As far as I'm aware, membership criteria are entirely at the site's discretion. The '3 in no less than 2' is a suggestion by UKARA for the initial membership. How the site decides about renewal is up to them.
                        e.g. Last I heard, the site I'm registered with renews if you've played there at all in the few months (might be 6) prior to the expiry.

Comment

I have renewed my membership card 3 times now with GZA/ZeroOne and never had to re qualify as such. They just updated their database, took a day or two, and even allowed me to buy guns during the updating process as they knew I was a legitimate player. I don't see why you'd have to prove yourself again.

Comment

You could just buy a gun via private sales on here, you don't need UKARA for that as private sales aren't retailers.

Comment

Since you need it so quickly i doubt it is overseas? therefore just phone up the retailer, be polite and explain the situation. If they want the business they might be willing to phone a few sites you play at to confirm you've played there. As mentioned above you only need to show you are a regular skirmisher, the UKARA scheme is one of the easiest/widely recognised but it still falls back to having a site membership to prove your skirmisher status.

I've bought stuff between renewing my membership and they've just phoned them up to check. Probably a bit more difficult if no-one on site will remember you though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X