Ukara and site hire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukara and site hire

Apologies of this is in the wrong section.
    I almost have my ukara licence and have been hiring from my localish site (still a good hour away) and its costing me a bit more than expected in fuel and hiring costs.
    A friend has said I can borrow one of his guns next game to cut down on the cost a little and just pay the walk on fee for the site. My question is, if I borrow my friends gun for the game instead of hiring a gun from the site can I still get my ukara forms stamped for turning up or do I hve I hire?
    Should I phone my local site and check?

Thanks and any help/advice would be awesome!

Re: Ukara and site hire

As long as you turn up and play you are all good chummy

Comment

Fantastic! I can't wait! It'll save me a bit of money borrowing my friends and I really really love airsoft! It should be an olympic sport
      Thanks Blytm, good to know

Comment

So I can still get my ukara stamped even by borrowing my friends gun, as long as I turn up it's all good then?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Brill I can't wait til my next game! Bit of a long drive and earily start but worth it, thanks for clearing that up for me

Comment

Your welcome bud.

Comment

Does my friend need to be with me when borrowing his gun? Reason why I'm borrowing his primary weapon is because he can't make it to the next game. I'm with other people I know so should be ok shouldn't it?

Comment

It should be completely fine, unless his gun is running hot of course

There are no laws against borrowing a gun and for all intended purposes the site can assume you own the gun, which is also completely fine and dandy legally. whatever you use is your business and the only thing they need to worry about is the guns fps which they check anyhow
                  Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                  big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by True spec op View Post
                    It should be an olympic sport
                    Seconded!
                    Last edited by Figjam; 26 September, 2012, 15:17. Reason: because I'm stupid

Comment

Ok so what's running hot mean? And I think it runs at around 315 fps, the sites AEG limit for riles is 350

Comment

Running hot is when a gun fires above the sites FPS limit on .2g bbs. At 315 your fine as your under 350.
                        Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by True spec op View Post
                          It should be an olympic sport
                          I said this not so long ago

You'll be fine mate. The law restricts the sale and manufacture of realistic imitation firearms. Doesn't cover ownership, lending or gifting at all. If your mate wanted to give you his gun, he can legally with no restrictions. If he wanted to sell one to you, he'd have to make sure you had a valid defence under the VCR act.
                          Upcoming Games:
                          None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                          Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
                            Seconded!
                            If you think about it it would be the worlds shittest olympic sport ever. It would be utterly tedious to watch.

I know you were only joking but 'spectator sport airsoft' is pointless because of itself

You'd first of all either have to make every spectator wear safety goggles or mesh off the entire 'arena' or woodland.

Then think of the nature of it, heavily camoflaged guys sneaking around a wood firing pellets that are really hard to see. All you;d see if some woodland, the occasional blur of movement and 'dead' players walking out.

The only way around it would be to have it in some sort of 'speedball' type arena or an urban area with CCTV *everywhere* and then you've basically got paintball or quasar/laser quest... both of which are equally naff to watch.

Look at pro 'speedball' paintball, even with bright easy to see arenas, pellets you can pretty much see explode and guys running around in 'sportswear' with sponsorship its still shit to watch.

And no ones going put up money to sponsor or advertise on 'atheletes' you cant see 90 per cent of the time (i know the olympics are 'amateur' so to speak and not pro sponsored as such but to be a viable sport, you need to be able to get sponsorship).

Like i say I know you're joking but we've all thought this at some point and its a real shame it's never gonna happen

Comment

That and can you imagine the commentators "GO!... And the French team have put their weapons down and sat in the safe zone... That's friendly fire by the Americans... Germany's captin is refusing to take the hit!"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

True spec op Age 27 Find out more about True spec op
                              Working...
                              X