X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I allowed to sell my RIF airsoft guns without UKARA

Hello,

I have several Airsoft guns to sell.

I haven't skirmished for years so don't have any of that defence/ukara stuff.

The FAQ implies that only the buyer needs it but it doesn't 100% state that so can anyone give a definitive answer?

Thanks alot,
    Andy.

Re: Am I allowed to sell my RIF airsoft guns without UKARA

you can sell them just fine so long as the buyer meets certain requirements.

for example, if they are over 18, so long as you paint the riff 51% a bright colour (such as bright green) they can buy it

if you dont fancy painting them all, then ensure that they have a defence agianst the VCRA (its actualy your defence but im not getting in to that)

defence would include: UKARA, SWAT PASS system, or anything that you deem as evidence that they are an airsofter and will use it for airsoftingm such as a diary of skirmishes, photos of them playing etc.
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Not required by you or the Buyer.

I'll expand...the Buyer only needs to provide a defence against prosecution and UKARA is one convenient method, proof of membership and attendance of a Club is another.

Comment

You don't need UKARA to sell your RIFs, you do however have to be satisfied that any sale you do make is made for the purpose set out in the 'airsoft' defence, i.e. it's going to be used for skirmishing. The easiest and simplest way to do this is to confirm the buyer is on the UKARA database. You could also ask for things like a skirmish diary or some other documentary evidence that the person buying your RIF attends organised skirmishes on a regular basis.

Comment

Or you could just do what most people are seeming to do on FleaBay..break in to 2 lots and sell individually as parts. Not strictly Kosher if same person buys whole Gun but Admin at FleaBay don't seem bothered despite constant complaints by myself and others :-(

Comment

why advertise the ebay method if you are against it? is that not simply shooting yourself in the foot if your trying to stop it?
            For Sale!
            TM M870 with a load of stuff
            A&K massada sniper spec
            Chronograph
            leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Agreed with Sir Stephen.

Whilst selling parts on eBay isn't against the rules, assembling them without a valid defence (in whoevers eyes) IS illegal. Its a grey area and it isn't worth going into in this thread.

OP, as said before you do not need UKARA to sell your RIFs, you just need to make sure you are satisfied with the defence provided by the buyer. Suitable defences range from those mentioned previously in this thread such as UKARA and site membership, however that is not an exhaustive list, and a suitable defence is all open to interpretation based on the person in question. My advice is make sure it is something the Police would agree with in case they should come knocking because the buyer has been irresponsible.
              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Hello,

Thanks guys, I appreciate the clarification.

Look out for some ads soon!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hurtzberg Been playing for 14 years although not very often for the last 6 years! Find out more about Hurtzberg
                Working...
                X