UKARA Self check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UKARA Self check

yeh... but thats still not much use if your selling, as it sends the email to YOU, not the seller, you then have to forward it on... all you need is a copy of that email, you then edit it to suit.... pointless!

Comment

Ah I see what you mean. Needs to have a SEND TO email address field.
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
        yeh... but thats still not much use if your selling, as it sends the email to YOU, not the seller, you then have to forward it on... all you need is a copy of that email, you then edit it to suit.... pointless!
        Ahhhhh yeah I see what your getting at....lol

Comment

Not really. If i was selling you a pistol, I would ask you for your UKARA number. I would then check it to see if it matches to the address that you are wanting it posted to. Simples really :D
          MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

But the point is though that regular joe blogs can't check little Johnny has a defence because you have to enter Johnny's email address, so when Johnny gets the email all he has to do is change the inactive portions of the email to active, forward the results on to Joe and hey presto joe is happy and Johnny gets himself a RIF with no valid defence.

Unless its a face to face sale and you can check on the buyers poota or other device in real time, but personally I would have done that step with a retailer before even leaving the house.

Comment

Oh, I see. Does the email address have to one that is registered to the UKARA holder ? Eg. If I checked your UKARA number THJ345564 and put in my email address, will it not send the info to me ?

Comment

ding ding ding ding!!! we have a winner!

yeh, its a fail.....

Comment

Yes, I thought that and tried my 2nd email address to see if it would work......nahhh it didn't.....lol

Comment

The problem is if you were allowed a second forwarding address then it would allow a third party to request your details. What you need is something like a challenge/response or pin code. You request you details, comes along with a one use pin code to pass on, you forward the code and the recipient could then use it. Not brilliant and would require a bit of development work, but better than they have now. Its doesn't look to be a HTTPS secure connection so Im not sure how secure the website is in general. Feels a bit facebook generation security level.

Comment

So it is a total waste of time then ? You can only check your own UKARA !

Comment

Yep...lol

Good for finding the f**k ups of either the site or the UKARA retailer though.

Comment

Said "player found" for me and that an e-mail will follow. Will wait and see!
                          sigpic

Comment

Just to clarify for people who might still be having difficulties for this.

You can ONLY check YOUR OWN player details. You can ONLY have the records sent to YOUR EMAIL address.

Quite obviously this is an epic fail as there is nothing whatsoever stopping a buyer from changing his details from expired to active and then sending the email on to a seller.

What we need is a system that allows seller to check your details.

the only way of doing this still is passing on site info to sellers and getting them to phone and confirm with your site that you are an active player.

Comment

They won't give us a self check system since it'll stop retailers paying in £300 per year for membership to the Association.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                                They won't give us a self check system since it'll stop retailers paying in £300 per year for membership to the Association.
                                IN one!!!! and bully's SPECIAL prize!!!!

Finally the penny drops and we come to the conclusion that UKARA is a business and not "for the greater good of the sport"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mack Im Mark from Lurgan,Co. Ard Mhacha in Ireland, Find out more about mack
                                Working...
                                X