Importing RIF's from Hong Kong....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing RIF's from Hong Kong....

Hi guys, Can anyone give me some advice on importing a RIF from Hong Kong, I dont have UKARA, nor am i a member of any Airsoft site although ive been playing for about 10 years. Ive seen a RIF on a website and was considering buying it but id just like some helpful advice / information on if i should do it and what obstacles i could face if i do try and import it.

cheers

FL.

Re: Importing RIF's from Hong Kong....

Well I hav'nt done it for a while but I know its much easier these days with UKARA, there was a time when having membership made no diffeence at all. There is an HK retailer with W&G along with another initial in the title that will dismantle the RIF and despatch seperately, another with the word Global in the title can ship to a UK partner who will in turn ship to you but in my opinion this is a little dodgy. Whichever way you go you need to be prepared to be hit with a customs charge.
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

In order to import, you will need to demonstrate a defence from prosecution under the VCRA 2007. The easiest way is obviously to provide UKARA details. Other than that you should keep a log or skirmish diary of when and where you have played back up by eveidence from the site that you have played there. This information can then be passed on to HMRC when they inspect the RIF.

If you do not have evidence of your Airsoft playing, then I am afraid you do not have a defence against prosecution and your RIF will most likely be seized, followed shortly by a knock on your door.

Comment

i had no issues with a ukara number, but what i have done for friends in the past is they pay me the money, i buy it, then give it to them once it arrives as i can prove they are an airsofter and i myself have a ukara number
        Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Ive worked out a rough estimate on the duty charges etc, and the rifle is still worth importing, But having done a small amount of reading its not looking as easy as id have expected to import it. Ive read that id need a vaild defence for importing it, or prove im a regular airsofter which is difficult as im not a member of a site etc.

Comment

Don't risk it then. Unless you can prove you have a defence you'll get your collar felt.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
              Don't risk it then. Unless you can prove you have a defence you'll get your collar felt.

Yeah, It seems like too much hassle over a RIF, I would be saving around £85 on it buying from oversea's but i'll just see if one comes up second hand on the forum.

Comment

I find it abit weird you have being playing for 10years, only joined the forum in the past few months, having nothing to vouch for those 10 years doesn't add up.
                After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                  Well I hav'nt done it for a while but I know its much easier these days with UKARA, there was a time when having membership made no diffeence at all. There is an HK retailer with W&G along with another initial in the title that will dismantle the RIF and despatch seperately, <snip>
                  Last I heard, HMRC had got wise to this and were holding some parts packages in case a second came along.

Comment

Yep, I know of at least four that have been stopped that way or they got one part but not the other. Sooner or later if you try to circumvent the law they will catch up with you, so rather than giving advice on how you might get around the law why don't we be a little more responsible and give some advice on how you can stay within the law.

As I said if you cannot provide proof of a defence against prosecution then don't do it. play your three games and get on the UKARA database or start keeping a skirmish diary backed up with proof of where you have played, receipts from the site, site stamps or site owners signatures in your diary will all go to provide proof.

Comment

i bought a ump stock before from HK without my UKARA No on it, was held in customs for 4 months during which i had already sold the gun off, i did ring them but they denied all knowledge of it all.
                      Originally posted by Montesa77
                      F**K alcohol!

See little point in it myself.
                      Originally posted by hunter101
                      In RUSSIA alcohol sees little point in you!!

Comment

Hi there,

I have imported loads of guns and parts etc from HK and did it very recently too. The 2 retailers I use do 100% want your UKARA number as otherwise it will be in customs for ages and nearly all the time returned to HK as no number would be clearly stated on the package.

I have in some very rare instances not been hit for any customs charges at all but like stated above be prepared for this as nearly everytime you will be hit with it. Oh and the post office release fee charge too. Again IMO this is all worth while as it still makes it cheaper than in the UK... But please be aware that any problems with your gun for instance with it being broken or faulty you will be waiting along time for it to be replaced. If it goes missing in the postal system as one of mine did it took 4 months to get a refund from them but they will refund you. These are the pit falls from buying overseas rather than being able to pop back to the shop here and get a replacement. Also with a lot of guns from HK the hop will sometimes be pants and may need a new rubber etc.

IMO I have no problems at all with importing but please be aware of all the pro's and con's of it. Its not just down to cost. Think about the aftersale's, lost in post, warranties etc.

Good luck pal.
                        Last edited by 989lips; 2 January, 2013, 12:53. Reason: spelling
                        Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

if he had ukara but it expired how would he find his number?

Comment

From my understanding (but I am not sure) if it expires you have to get another one and I would assume then another 3 games within the allotted time??

Good questions though which I am sure someone will put up on here.
                            Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

If he's been playing regularly, he may already have satisfied the requirements and just needs to sort the paperwork. Might be worth checking that out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

forest legend Find out more about forest legend
                              Working...
                              X