X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft gun as a gift to under 18's

Hi Guys

just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on this one,
    my little bro is 16 and really wants to have a go at airsoft, he is not old enough to purchase one yet and i am not about to buy one for him no matter how much he wants me to so i was wondering where i stand on giving him my old MP5k PDW to get him started as i am no longer a CQB player. In the eyes of the grey areas that is the VCRA/UKARA rules can i give him my old gun or does he have to wait till he is 18?

Thanks guys

Re: Airsoft gun as a gift to under 18's

Wrap it nicely for him!

Comment

To be honest im not in a hurry to give it to him as he is a better shot with it then i am! so as far as the law goes i am good? hate to see my bro get in the sh*t for it is all. Because i didnt think i could give it to him, as far as he knows he cant have it so will make a great surprise when i take it round to him on his B-day in couple of weeks, my mum is gunna love me for it as she still finding bb's in her garden from when i lived there 3 years ago lol.

Comment

You're good, gifting is legal regardless of who you give them to, and ownership isn't illegal at all.

- - - Updated - - -

You're good, gifting is legal regardless of who you give them to, and ownership isn't illegal at all.
        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Yeah, it is all good.

Here is the bit i am not too hot on though -

If it was an air rifle in the traditional sense, he would need adult supervision and the adult is the one responsible for his actions. I think that applied up to 17 year olds (odd that it wasn't 18) but if i read your post correctly, that will be his next birthday so all should be good there.

Either way, yes you can gift it to him.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Hang on. I won't be satisfied till somebody who has passed the Google bar exam steps in and makes a convoluted comment about how the VCRA can be interpreted.

Short answer (As has already been given), yes, you can give it to him.
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                Hang on. I won't be satisfied till somebody who has passed the Google bar exam steps in and makes a convoluted comment about how the VCRA can be interpreted.
                It's very unusual to get a straight answer without waffle on these topics lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Make of it what you will:

40 Supplying imitation firearms to minors

(1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm.
                  (2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.
                  (3)In proceedings for an offence under subsection (2) it is a defence to show that the person charged with the offence—
                  (a)believed the other person to be aged eighteen or over; and
                  (b)had reasonable ground for that belief.
                  102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                    Make of it what you will:

40 Supplying imitation firearms to minors

(1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm.
                    (2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.
                    (3)In proceedings for an offence under subsection (2) it is a defence to show that the person charged with the offence—
                    (a)believed the other person to be aged eighteen or over; and
                    (b)had reasonable ground for that belief.
                    There it is in black and white - don't take any of his birthday money!

Comment

Or just lend it to him whenever you go as opposed to giving it to him, if in any doubt?

Comment

Gifting is perfectly ok. Him owning is fine. The whole thing about airguns doesn't apply to airsoft guns as they are too low a power.

Obviously, if he goes wandering around in the street with it then he's going to get in trouble (or worse) but other than that you're all good!

Comment

my bro can be abit of a numpty at times but dont think he is bullet eatingly stupid enough to wander around east london with a MP5k lol. i'll take him along to a game for his birthday, if he likes it and wants to start playing then i shall give it to him as a gift
                          seriously guys thanks for helping me really appreciate it and im sure my bro will to :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

alias_rm13 Find out more about alias_rm13
                          Working...
                          X