Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Just how safe do you think our legal defence is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how safe do you think our legal defence is?

The reason for posting this question is that it came up in a discussion with a couple of forum members a few days ago and it seems that very few people know the status of our defence.

So, what do you think it would take to stop us buying guns as regular airsofters?

An act of parliament?

An upset politician?

A grumpy judge?

The EU?

The police having a hissy fit?

Any other (sensible suggestions please) ideas?

BTW, I do know the answer (which I'll post in a few days), I just want a feel for what the average airsofter thinks about our legal situation.
    Last edited by Rampage; 25 May, 2010, 22:46.
    sigpic

Re: Just how safe do you think our legal defence is?

just want a feel for what the average airsofter thinks about our legal situation.
    Think it's a load of rubbish.

We can obtain a shotgun license at the age of 17 and use them on private land in the correct circumstances, yet you must be 18 to purchase anything that fires plastic balls? Something not totally thought about there.

Where do I think we'll go in the future? God knows. I don't see anything getting banned completely; there's outrages about different matters all the time in politics and I can't see our sport as being one of the most prioritised and discussed topics.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Its only a dispensation given by the then home secretary isnt it?

If so then a change of mind by the HS

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
        The reason for posting this question is that it came up in a discussion with a couple of forum members a few days ago and it seems that very few people know the status of our defence.

So, what do you think it would take to stop us buying guns as regular airsofters?

An act of parliament?

An upset politician?

A grumpy judge?

The EU?

The police having a hissy fit?

Any other (sensible suggestions please) ideas?

BTW, I don know the answer (which I'll post in a few days), I just want a feel for what the average airsofter thinks about our legal situation.

They will not amend the act, or remove the defences. They just won't.

And I don't see any legal situation regarding sales/imports or whatever, we have a defence so what's the problem.

They MAY re consider the situation with two tones, but I can't see them having a big prod with the VCRA.

Not one of their priorities at the moment. Unless this was a delegated piece of legislation? in that case HS or whoever servant will do as they please.

The only legal issue we are going to see in the near future is the problem of section 5 firearms being used at Airsoft sites....

GBB rifles and hot chinese rifles running at 400fps + on auto! That's going to be addressed soon I think.
        Last edited by bravotwozero; 25 May, 2010, 22:43.

Comment

Guys, just to clarify, please don't post what you think is wrong with VCRA (or what threatens it in your mind, such as two tones etc), please just post what you think would need to be done by somebody to take our defence away.

All other posts from now on will be removed.
          sigpic

Comment

in answer to your question most likely a mix of all of the options you have suggested. If for whatever reason airsoft starts getting bad press/bad association then it will end up going down the pan, and for those that wish to continue it will become an underground activity.

Comment

Yeah, sorry, I'm kind of in that sort of a mood this evening - recently received a letter from a company [non airsoft related] because I made a formal complaint to them - to which they never addressed any of my issues in their response...

Anyhow, I certainly think it'll be something to do with public transport; as I know there's quite a few that use the train etcetera to travel to and from our local site. I think that eventually one thing will lead to another and I'm sure that you'd understand, because they're firearms, it's never going to be a positive outcome!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

jesus.
                K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

It could be a couple of things,

1) as already said, "a knob, a one-stop and his trusty BLACK springer pistol"

2) an armed cop shooting a kid with a RIF (the kid has the RIF, not the cop)

3) retailers ignore the law and start to sell RIFs to underage/ unregistered people.

4) OR a politician wanting to win a few votes with MAG and other such groups.

shep

EDIT: if we lose our defence, correct me if im wrong, but doesnt that mean we can effectivley use what weve got, and just restrict us from buying, making or importng new RIFs

Comment

boris, is that a suggestion, or a comment on the topic
                    sigpic

Comment

why will jesus stop us buying airsoft guns? does he prefer paintball?
                      Old Feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38309

Comment

a bit of both...

leaning more with a suggestion, the church still swings a mighty cock you know...

Boris

Comment

i am being serious tho, the church/churches could say insights violence, for example certain peeps got real p***** with that 4 lions films, how'd they like the fact a bunch of white boys running around a field re-enacting a conflict in afghanistan...

its all relivant, you may think its rediculious, but not any or than the EU doing a total continental ban.

Boris
                          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 May, 2010, 10:30.

Comment

well back on topic then. If tighter legislation doesnt kill off airsoft in another decade of so we should be fine ;p

edit:sorry but what do churches and religion end up doing alot of the time...
                            Last edited by Vladraken; 25 May, 2010, 23:11. Reason: edit to respond to last post

Comment

Boris, the suggestion that the church may be involved in an attempt to remove the defence is actually a good one.

Who would they have to persuade to get it through? The PM, parliament, the courts, the police? See what I'm after.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
                              Working...
                              X