Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few awkward questions...

First question:
    My dad, recently purchased a TM G17 from an online retailer (not named)
    He is NOT UKARA registered, nor does he have a defense.
    He asked for the option of it to be Two-Toned.
    Clearly there was a mistake when they sent it, because it has indeed, not arrived Two-Tone.

for obvious reasons I will not name the seller. but it was a company and not private.

What do I need to do? if anything?
    Can it be left as it is?
    or should he seek out some suitable green paint and two-tone it up himself?

The reason he and I are worried, is because he is not sure if he can use it on our next game day, because he is not registered, but at the same time, there is nothing saying you cant own one...

Second question:
    In order to manufacture an RIF, do you need to be over 18, and/or UKARA registered, or is playing 3 games in NOT LESS then 2 months enough?

Many thanks
    King.
    Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Re: Few awkward questions...

Here's how I see it.

You've purchased the gun, the company has broken the law by not two toning it. You've now got the gun and are the owner. UKARA only covers the buying of RIFs, not the ownership. You can keep it black.

Comment

The man above is correct the seller has done the wrong not you.

Comment

Ok.
        Should I contact the seller to inform them of their mistake? or would it be best not to.

And what about the other question?

Comment

Contact them. Last thing we need after yesterdays incident is un-defended people receiving rif's.

Edit: Forgot to mention your father has done nothing wrong. As above the law is on purchasing not owning.

Comment

Very good point sig

Comment

If you want to manufacture RIFs you'd be best off consulting with police on that matter. RIFs aren't just airsoft guns.

For airsoft RIFs though, which I assume is what you're asking about, you'd need to be UKARA registered and 18 at the minimum, then consult with the po-po about it just to make sure everything's fine and dandy.

You could inform the seller if you want, but they might ask for it back. The choice is yours, there's nothing UKARA's gonna do now. They've broken the law and that's their fault.

Comment

I can imagine the satisfaction in receiving a RIF when you expected a bright blue or green item and i also understand a desire to keep it. I wouldnt judge you for that. However please realise that our sport really does hang in the balance of what is legal and what isnt. The government could so easily make all our guns bright green or take them away altogether. For the benefit of all of us give them a call and say you heard of someone who ordered a two tone gun and received an RIF. Dont have to say it is you. Hopefully they will check their orders a bit more thoroughly then...

Comment

I would like to say though that I think you should send an Email to UKARA and notify them of the retailer. This has been happening more and more and is quite worrying.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Ok thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
                      I would like to say though that I think you should send an Email to UKARA and notify them of the retailer. This has been happening more and more and is quite worrying.

I partially agree but this is the first instance ive heard of it. I think the less this escalates the better. Give them a call and have a quiet word in their ear.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak View Post

For airsoft RIFs though, which I assume is what you're asking about, you'd need to be a regular legal skirmisher and 18 at the minimum,
                        Fixed for you. You don't HAVE to have UKARA.

Comment

Right, I have emailed UKARA, and will await response.
                          Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Right, I have emailed UKARA, and will await response.
                            Thank you all.
                            nice one mate as someones already said this sport really does hang in the balance, one problem could ban the whole use of rifs in airsoft and i really dont want to be running around with a bright green gun so yeah keep everyone happy and nothing hopefully should go wrong thanks for letting them know mate

Comment

I'm just hoping the sport will still be around for when I turn 18.
                              I will be gutted if by the time I am 18, and have waited all these (2) years with rentals and more recently two-tones, only to have to keep my two-tones/not have anything at all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The King Speak danish, english, german and spanish. Find out more about The King
                              Working...
                              X