Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a gun in several pieces - not illegally

Right, i have recently decided to build a gun from scratch, blah dee blah

i ordered all the parts seperately, but i read recently that customs are destroying said goods without warning. Is this true? i can happily provide my defense if asked, but i am pretty spooked now because thats over £400 down the drain because i wasnt contacted.

someone help me
    hasta la vista, baby

Re: Importing a gun in several pieces - not illegally

From what I´ve heard, the issue is with people getting guns brought in in a couple of pieces. If customs intercept 1 part, they hold onto it to see if the other half turns up. They have no legal right to destroy parts unless they can prove you have committed an offence.

Most of us have imported parts from HK at times and very few of us have had them held. If they see lots of bits going to one address then they´ll hold them and contact you for your defence. Importation of parts is not illegal, it´s manufacture that´s illegal if you have no defence.
    sigpic

Comment

phew, cheers mate

i suspect this will happen to me, its from 2 different retailers and all to me, so ill just play the waiting game for now, at least i know that my stuff isnt gonna be blowed up :p
      hasta la vista, baby

Comment

phew, cheers mate

i suspect this will happen to me, its from 2 different retailers and all to me, so ill just play the waiting game for now, at least i know that my stuff isnt gonna be blowed up :p
        hasta la vista, baby

Comment

That´s the problem with large orders, they´ll get stopped for import duty and vat if nothing else. Then, if they choose to xray them (or if the description of the goods sounds interesting to someone), you may get asked for your defence.

I tend to spread my orders round a few more retailers, I may pay a little extra postage, but I avoid the tax man most of the time.
          sigpic

Comment

2 retailers, 3 orders

2 should be fine, because they are both under a kil cause of postage costs (3 guesses who thats from)

but the last is the body, gearbox, mags, pistol grip, motor
            which is the one i dont want to get taxed on :p
            hasta la vista, baby

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

InFlamesFan Metalhead through and through Find out more about InFlamesFan
            Working...
            X