Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another old gun wanted to buy from aboard

Hi guys

I just found a very interesting gun (KTW WINCHESTER M1873 CARBINE) and I wanna buy it from interenet and ship it here.

I aware of the law which stated:
    "The effect of this definition is that realistic imitations of pre-1870 firearms are not caught by the new offence. Deactivated firearms and antique imitations (such as old dummy rifles used for drill practice) are expressly excluded from the definition of realistic imitation firearm and are therefore not affected by the new offence either."

So is this 1873 Carbine conflict the law?

Thank you

Dont know if its any good to you but theres a uk site selling exactly what you are after there.
    And theyre in stock.

Comment

Re: Another old gun wanted to buy from aboard

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      Dont know if its any good to you but theres a uk site selling exactly what you are after there.
      And theyre in stock.
      Is it?
      But the thing is I don't have a UKARA,
      and i'm looking a rifle to get through the rule.
      Which is why i'm looking for an "old rifle"

Comment

Easiest way to get a rifle legally is to get UKARA.

I am pretty sure that gun won't be exempt form the rules as it is "recognisable" as a firearm and has a similar firing system as modern guns.

Comment

+1 there Tisane......I was having a play with the very same gun on Saturday at the Airsoft ArmsFair.

There were a few retailers that had them, but as Abbadon says, I'm pretty sure you'd still need UKARA or similar defense.

Very nice gun BTW

h e y d r i c h
          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

You do, its my site thats selling them and they wont sell without UKARA or the usual defences.
            Dont know if thats right but i presume there covering there butts either way.

Cant put any details that reveal who it is but i presume thats what your after?

Comment

Thank you guys,
              but the thing is I just want the gun as collection
              as i rarelly have free time travel across the country to play airsoft.
              which i think it is not possible for me to get the UKARA
              (you have to be regular player in order to get the UKARA right?)

Comment

If you can show that you are a collector of western history or something you MAY be able to get a VCRA defence but I don't know. Best bet is to ask Robin as he is the most clued up on the airsoft laws.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply on this.

My understanding is that any gun which is based on a real steel design from any date after 1870 requires a valid defence. Also, don't forget that this gun (in it's basic design) is still being manufactured so in a way it's a copy of a modern gun. Not to mention, it would clearly fail the test that a member of the public would believe it is real if seen on the street.

Collecting is not a valid defence, but western reenactment would be, so try to get involved with that.
                  sigpic

Comment

At the risk of coming across as arsey about this the best way forwards would be to go to your local site 3 times in not less than 2 months and get registered. If you can afford to buy a gun then you really should go about it in a way that protects yourself and others to the maximum level.

If you try and import something and dont have the relevent registration then you will run the risk of it being seized by HM Revenue and Customs at which point you would be left with nothing.

Its far better to be safe and it will also protect all of the other people who Airsoft from the narrow minded, tree hugging liberal democrates that want all guns including Airsoft ones banned.
                    Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                    Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                    Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

I'm looking to get a winchester after Christmas but I can't find anywhere in the uk that has these in stock.

Anybody give me a heads up?

Tisane you say your site sells them? What's your site called buddy please.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DNC1872333 Find out more about DNC1872333
                      Working...
                      X