Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing

Hi Guys

I am UKARA registered and i'm looking into getting a gas shotty for myself for christmas this year. However, the shotgun i'm interested in (Marushin M500) is quite a bit cheaper from HK stores than it is from UK ones. I've never imported a RIF before, what steps should i take to ensure it makes its way through customs with the least hassle?

Re: Importing

Have a look through this section mate, there are a hundred threads on this :D

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
    Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
    UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

Give the retailer your UKARA number and ask for it to be shown clearly on the package. Other than that, there's very little you can do.

It may well not be that much cheaper in the end. Some guns get through customs without being stopped, but most will be. If they stop it, they'll clear the import of the gun because you are registered (though there may well a bit of a delay while you exchange paperwork with them), but they will charge VAT and import duty. You may also get hit for an admin fee if parcel force do the final delivery and pay the VAT/duty for you, so pay HMRC yourself if you get the chance. If it gets through without any charges, then you're laughing, but count on it costing you roughly in pounds what it costs in HK in dollars.
      sigpic

Comment

Many thanks for the replies

Comment

i had my UKARA no site address and phone number on the outside of my purchase from overseas to try an help it through customs a little quicker.
          However it is now bouncing its way between 2 different parcelforce hubs and sometimes when i call i have to give them my site address and sometimes my own.
          Ive had to contact my site and warn them that they may get the customs letter in my name.
          Parcelforce say i may be lucky and see it in my local hub on tuesday.

Moral of the story......
          By all means put your UKARA number on your parcel but i would limit any other details to a contact number and name at your regular site.

Cheers robin for your help and advice regarding my own overseas sale.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

plainlazy44 Find out more about plainlazy44
          Working...
          X