X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Under 18 walking onto site with RIF

Originally posted by MaTriiXzZ View Post
    guys just wanted to say i might be under 18 but im not really stupid so im not gona try rob a bank or take the gun out im just a regular person same as all of you lot but young tbh i think younger people should really be getting praise because your getting the hobby more popular but i also understand your point a lot of under age idiots out there...
    Not being harsh, but it doesn't matter if you are as thick as a plank. There is a law set in place, and you + whoever sold you the gun has broken it.

You can't get done for owning a RIF, but if your under 18 there is always going to be the question of how you got it in the first place... Unless you had bought it before the VCRA act was introduced, but then it's still my understanding that you had to be at least 18 anyway.

Comment

Really it doesn't matter about the ethics of it. It's the law. Unfortunately you can't get out of it becuase you say 'you're a great guy'. Much as you say you respect the law you have just admitted to illegally purchasing a RIF.

EDIT, what reb said.

Comment

I'm under 18, and no-matter what brilliant deals appear in the Classifieds, you've just got to ignore them. It is the law, and whatever reason you can conjure up in your head to pass as an excuse isn't worth trying. It's a shame, a 15 year old with some sense can be just as safe and sensible as anybody else, and for what? A toy gun. Buy again, It is the law. I could come up with a thousand arguments about how murder should be more accepted in our society, but It is the law, and laws are there for a reason, no-matter what any individual sees in it.

Comment

right...now...my mission is to get my dad to get ukara...then im ok?

Comment

My Dad's a very casual airsofter, so that's how I go about it.

Comment

Well only if he gives it to you for free. No payment, no chores, nothing in return.

Comment

You've already bought it... It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference if you get registered after, as you've already broken the law.

Just wait till you are old enough to get registered. Anyone else under 18 has to wait, why shouldn't you? I know thats easy to say already being of age and registered, but as stated before theres a law there for a reason, the fact you think your responsable enough to break it proves that you really aren't...

Comment

Originally posted by reb View Post
                  You've already bought it... It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference if you get registered after, as you've already broken the law.

Just wait till you are old enough to get registered. Anyone else under 18 has to wait, why shouldn't you? I know thats easy to say already being of age and registered, but as stated before theres a law there for a reason, the fact you think your responsable enough to break it proves that you really aren't...
                  now your just getting cocky? ive already told The keeper of secrets that i thought it was ok if you went with a parent that skirmishes now and then ...NOW i know what mistake i made, sometime i think you get pleasure from being right?....i now know the mistake i made? what can i do now?...hand my self into the police?....there seriously no reason to get cocky im just trying to fix the mistake i made...

Comment

o ye another thing...i could name you LOADS of people on this forum alone that has RIF and under-age and they're parents dont even know what airsoft is i went to do a swap couple weeks back the boy and his mates played airsoft outside his house?....lol and im mr bad man for unknowingly doing a illegal transaction yes i know i made a mistake it wont happen again.

Comment

Cocky? I'm simply stating a fact. I don't mean to attack you, but its frustrating as it happens more offen than not.

Comment

Cocky? I'm simply stating a fact. I don't mean to attack you, but its frustrating as it happens more offen than not.
                        yeah i totally understand the mistake now i made...i thought if you go with a parent that skirmishes now and then it would be ok for them to purchase it and i use it ... NOW i understand the mistake and i already told Keeper of secrets THEN i get a bollocking off you 'why shouldnt you wait' 'you say your responsible and you buy a rif' i said i didnt know.

What do you want me to do?...you tell me ...

sorry if ive come off as a prick i just cant stand it when olders think they can push me around because im young

Comment

I don't want you to do anything.. It's not a bollocking it's simply a swift clip round the ear.

Comment

I don't want you to do anything.. It's not a bollocking it's simply a swift clip round the ear.
                            loool right anyway like ive said to all u lot im sorry i do understand sometime new bee's like me can jeopardise the sport...im sorry...

Comment

the people that run it are a bunch of pricks...there not like zero one staff etc... they are so rude and have NO social skills ...
                              Nicely put

Good to see those under 18 user tags are working well for the forum eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                                I could come up with a thousand arguments about how murder should be more accepted in our society, but It is the law, and laws are there for a reason, no-matter what any individual sees in it.
                                Remind me never to piss you off haha.

And kid, he's not bollocking you, just stateing that you've broken the law. To be honest, the whole 'stop bollocking me' and the 'they did this, they do that' shirking of responsibility makes me feel like you aren't mature enough to own a RIF. And you say it's an ACR Masada? If you haven't got a license or anything, you really have jumped in at the deep end.

My personal opinion is that, no offence, under 18s should be allowed to play. Every one that goes to my local site cheats, squins and more often than not act like dicks. Had one the other week, moaning about how his own team were shooting him. Fair comment, except for the fact that three times in one game he started dicking about in my line of fire. Let alone everyone elses. It's why the 'hardcore' matches are such a hit. No under 18s, no two tone, and no mashals (they're there, but they play too instead of just standing around).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MaTriiXzZ Find out more about MaTriiXzZ
                                Working...
                                X