In need of wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of wisdom

Right i have airsoft quite a few times now but i was told that i need to play 3 game in 2 months in order to get a membership but the nearest sites are 20 miles away and it very hard getting there ( being a student with no car) and was wondering if there is any other way of obtaining a membership?

Re: In need of wisdom

There aren't any other ways (as far as i am aware) i suppose you could arrange a car share? Just ask around next time your at your site.
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

No.
      And it's 3 games in NO LESS THAN 2 months. That means it's a minimum of 2 months. You don't have to fit the 3 games within the 2 months.
      If you've played at the same site more than 3 times, in more than 2 months, ask your site - you may already qualify.

Comment

As above.

You also have to be 18 or over.

Comment

Yes but surely, if he's over 18 and wanting to purchase a weapon, all it would require is the site owner to make a call to the shop etc to confirm that he's a regular skirmisher?

At the end of the day, having an UKARA number is just one form of defence.

I remember when I was waiting for my number to be renewed that I needed to ask our site owner to confirm that I was a regular skirmisher and things were fine!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Ah this is confusing, the guy at section 8 told me that i have to play 3 games WITHIN 2 months, fail in that then i have to start all over again

Comment

NO. The law says that you must be a regular skirmisher, but doesn't define what that is.

UKARA ask for 3 games in no less than 2 months, but then again, UKARA is not compulsory.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThornOfWrath View Post
                Ah this is confusing, the guy at section 8 told me that i have to play 3 games WITHIN 2 months, fail in that then i have to start all over again
                Is that their requirement to give you site membership?
                The "3 games in no less than 2 months" is the recommendation by UKARA. Sites can define their own membership criteria, but it's worth checking - he/they may have misinterpreted the UKARA recommendation.

The reasoning is that 3 games could be played on 3 consecutive weekends. That's a 2-week period. The "no less than 2 months" is intended to show a long-term commitment to the sport, rather than a quick means to get a RIF for other purposes...

Comment

Update:
                  The guy you spoke to IS WRONG!
                  From Section 8's web site:
                  To be eligible for membership, a player must attend three games over no less than two months – So if a player’s first game was on the 1st of January, so long as they have played a minimum of three games in the intervening period, they can join on the first gameday in March.

Comment

So if i play 3 games overa period of 6 months (once every 2 months) i can be a member?

Comment

Theoretically, but you'd have to check the max time limit with the site. e.g. my local will renew UKARA registration if you've played in the last 6 months prior to the renewal date.

Comment

Well that's good news then

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThornOfWrath Find out more about ThornOfWrath
                        Working...
                        X