2 retailers - 2 conflicting stories - one customer with the right hump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 retailers - 2 conflicting stories - one customer with the right hump

Rant of the day - i'm getting this off my chest as I have no blood pressure tablets left.

Last night I ordered a pistol over the internet from a well known retailer.

I filled in all my details incl UKARA and I used, with her knowledge, my wifes credit card to pay for it. We both live at the same address.

Result - they emailed to say they had cancelled the order They cant supply anything that someone else is paying for!!??!!

I phoned another well known retailer today and asked if I could buy a pistol in my name using her card.

Result - yeah, no problem, just make sure the delivery and billing info shows the correct info.

Now to say I have the complete arse is an understatement because the first retailer is the only one I can find with that particular pistol in stock.

Now, clearly one is right and one is wrong but both are so called 'founding members' of the UKARA scheme. So if they cant get it right between them then who can.

Rant over

Re: 2 retailers - 2 conflicting stories - one customer with the right hump

that just sounds weird
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

As far as I see it, if you both share the same address, it shouldn't matter who's paying for it.

Comment

To be honest a lot of places approach it like the first example.

After all, it's not wholly different to someone who doesn't play (and have a defence), in the same house, from paying for their gun on their card using your UKARA. How are the retailers to know different? And considering itl be them who gets in trouble if it all goes wrong, I can't blame them for edging on the side of caution.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Im with the first retailer sorry.

An internet order of that sort would look like the wife buying an RIF using the OPs UKARA number.

I walked into my local site and did the same once my UKARA her card and even then they were twitchy, it was only the fact that she knew f**k all about what she was paying for they allowed it.

Comment

I wouldn't mind however the conflicting standard by both 'respected' retailers make the matter worse.

Comment

The second are being very shady to be honest.

You could always get your wife to send you money off her card to paypal, then use the money in your paypal account. Most places accept it.
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

^^^^ Yeah put said credit card into your paypal account and just pay via paypa l

Pretty sure it will then be a paypal payment as paypal are the ones processing it before it goes the shop.
                Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

You cant do that either...lol
                  Any linked credit card/bank account on file with paypal has to have the same name & address as the account holder.
                  My mrs being the breadwinner these days brings in all the funds, but we have a joint bank account that funds paypal and she has her own that her wages go into, if i need dosh for a purchase she just transfers money to the joint account.

Comment

What I meant was do a transfer of funds from her account to his, then use his account to pay from the paypal balance. The connected card will still be his.
                    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

That seems odd to me lads, i have used my brothers card on my paypal account and a mates card too... Just got them to put all there details into 'add credit card' and away you go...same with a 3v card.
                      Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                      Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

I'd agree with bladerider, I had my mother's credit card linked to my paypal for a while with no problems. Same surname but a completely different address.
                        sigpic

Comment

My mistake but we had that much trouble linking my mrs account to my paypal it was easier to transfer the dosh between accounts.

Comment

Credit card, fire, gun, rant, wife.

I love the selection of tags for this thread, it sounds like something that would have happened if I'd been into the sport when I was married to my ex!

OP, in reality, it's down to the retailer to decide just how much they want from you as it's their neck (as said above) that's on the line. Kids are known to use their parent's credit cards and it's not out of the realms of possibility for an under-18 to get hold of a UKARA number and credit card and try to place an order. It's no different to the time my son wanted an age restricted dvd from a supermarket. I was happy for him to have it, but while we were walking to the till the person saw him give me the money so they refused to sell it to us.
                            sigpic

Comment

i wondered if someone would pick up on the tags - there is also another hidden message there too.

Anyway, the retailer has lost a sale (not that it will probably bother them) and I will be reluctant to purchase anything else from them in the future.

I will deal with the retailer who, although cannot supply the pistol i wanted, said 'yeah no problem' when i asked about using the wifes card.

Anyway, the new pistol would have needed a holster, magazines, gas and other accessories so I have probably saved myself a few extra £££'s.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X