Importing a two tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a two tone

Am I right in assuming there will be no trouble with customs if the gun I get imported over from china is two toned 51% orange? I don't use UKARA, and so proving I am an airsoft skirmisher is very difficult without it being two toned. So yeah..

Cheers in advance

Re: Importing a two tone

Your Under 18. Why don't you say that in your post. The "I don't use UKARA" comment just makes it look you you are breaking the law. So no you can't import it. Not legally anyways.

Your parents on the other hand could. But it would have to be a gift from them. You wouldn't be able to give them money for it, or do any chores to pay them off

Comment

i am not ukara registered but have no problem importing, UKARA is the only way of proving you airsoft

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
        Your Under 18. Why don't you say that in your post. The "I don't use UKARA" comment just makes it look you you are breaking the law. So no you can't import it. Not legally anyways.

Your parents on the other hand could. But it would have to be a gift from them. You wouldn't be able to give them money for it, or do any chores to pay them off
        Please, don't make assumptions, I am not under 18. Personally, I think the UKARA scheme is just a quicker way of proving you skirmish, and it costs far too much in my opinion.
        Last edited by reflexsnipe; 19 March, 2011, 23:57.

Comment

Originally posted by acheekymonkeyuk View Post
          i am not ukara registered but have no problem importing, UKARA is the only way of proving you airsoft
          Ah, so I guess it's just luck of whether they feel like checking certain parcels? To be on the safe side, should I still get the gun sprayed by the chinese shop?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by reflexsnipe View Post
            and it costs far too much in my opinion.
            What does it cost? If you're a regular skirmisher, it shouldn't cost anything...

Comment

What does it cost? If you're a regular skirmisher, it shouldn't cost anything...
              Exactly. A GZ membership with a UKARA number costs like £10 a year. Hardly expensive.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, you cannot import an IF in two tone, only in separate parts (from the ones most people use, anyway). It begs the question "Why?"

If you want a TT, buy from the UK.
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

As BAMF Said

buy from the uk

or even buy one from Here TT

Comment

is ukara not free? mine was.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post

Give the guy break.

Legally a ten year old could import a two tone.

Law says nothing on age restrictions on imports, only purchases made within the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by reflexsnipe View Post
                        Please, don't make assumptions, I am not under 18. Personally, I think the UKARA scheme is just a quicker way of proving you skirmish, and it costs far too much in my opinion.
                        If your not under 18 why have you said you are 13 in another thread. Do you want me to dig out out for you? Oh wait i already have!! http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22559

And to bravotwozero Please get a clue before opening your mouth. If your carrying out the transaction from within the U.K, the LAW still applies if you buy from abroad.

That's just like saying i Can't legally buy a handgun over here, but i can order one from the states. Does that make it legal?

Comment

Busted, it would seem? Though as that thread is almost 2 years old, the OP may well now be 15. Still unable to buy RIFS/IFS in the eyes of the law.

That said, excellent piece of detective work Hunter101. Perhaps you could help me find my keys? They're around here somewhere.
                          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Thread has been re-opened, please keep the topic clean however and only offer advice.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

But anyway back on topic, importing an IF is easy. So long as you can prove your age if customs want that proof.
                              Last edited by Gaffa; 21 March, 2011, 19:03.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

reflexsnipe Find out more about reflexsnipe
                              Working...
                              X