Is this legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this legal?

Guy wants to buy my side arm but isnt UKARA registered nor is the site where he is a regular player but the buyer claims that the guy who owns that site didnt want to pay for UKARA and decided to make his own insurance, perfectly legal by VCRA.

My question is if this is true?

Re: Is this legal?

Sounds dodgy to me, wouldnt touch it with a barge pole, after all if something goes wrong its your ass on the line.

Comment

If he's a regular skirmisher then he is entitled to buy. There is no Home Office (legal) definition of a regular skirmisher. The 3 in 2 month thing is a retailer's (UKARA) kerfuffle; nothing to do with Law.

Comment

hi i am a site owner. you do not pay for ukara for site register.you do have to pay if you are a retailer.

Comment

Thought he was full of it(thats him reported)thanks for the info gents.

Comment

Wowo... Wait.

He plays at an un UKARA site?

I played at one for ages and used that as defence. Zero one new us too we had to confirm who the runner was + insurance .
            sigpic

Comment

Err... he might just have the wrong idea that UKARA is paid for by sites but yes; probably best to be cautious.

Comment

Crysis and I used to skirmish at Conflict Zone and Fergie the guy who ran it could never be bothered signing up to UKARA as he never actaully ran a membership scheme (he was a serving soldier and even though he was a training instructor could be called away at any time). His site was perfectly legal with insurance in place. He just said if we ever needed a defence get the seller to ring him and he would vouch that we were regulars. All perfectly legal under the VCRA.
                JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Whatever any buyer says, you should check it anyway.

In this instance, as he doesn't have UKARA, which is the easiest to check, you need to contact the site and satisfy yourself that you will have a satisfactory defence if you are ever questioned by the authorities
                  AdeUK

Comment

Originally posted by UNMORTAL View Post
                    Guy wants to buy my side arm but isnt UKARA registered nor is the site where he is a regular player
                    If you know he`s a regular player then whats the problem ?, too many people get bogged down with this ukrapa stuff.

Comment

The problem is reasonable belief. In the law it usually isn't sufficient to show that you believe something, I could believe in the giant flying spaghetti Monster, but the law usually requires 'reasonable' belief. I.e. You think they're a regular skirmisher and have some reason to do so. If on reasonable enquiry you could have discovered that the defence was a sham you wouldn't be likely to have a defence ... Or at least I can't see a judge permitting it, remember its you defending yourself, not them trying to prosecute you.
                      KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                      mix'n'match M4
                      Maruzen P99

Comment

You don't have to go to a site as such, the guidelines allow for there to be any number of people playing from 2 upwards. What counts is whether or not there is third party liability insurance for the people playing.

If in doubt, contact the "site" where he claims to play (look the number up, though, don't take it from the buyer as it could be a mate's number) and ask for a copy of their insurance. A reputable site won't have any problem with this and you'll have done enough to give yourself a reasonable defence, as said above.
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

UNMORTAL I can be a bit of a dick, take it or leave it. Find out more about UNMORTAL
                        Working...
                        X