This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft defence

I'm trying to find the EXACT defence for airsoft rifs and I think it may be this one.
    The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (Realistic Imitation Firearms) Regulations 2007 no. 2606
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2606/made
    Quote:Interpretation
    2. In these regulations—

the “2006 Act” means the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006;
    “permitted event” means a commercial event at which firearms or realistic imitation firearms (or both) are offered for sale or displayed;
    “insurance” means a contract of insurance or other arrangement made for the purpose of indemnifying a person or persons named in the contract or under the arrangement;
    “permitted activities” means the acting out of military or law enforcement scenarios for the purposes of recreation; and
    “third parties” includes participants in, and spectators of, permitted activities and historical re-enactments (as the case may be) and members of the public

Would I be right in assuming that the red highlighted part is the defence used by skirmishers.

Thanks.

Re: Airsoft defence

No not the red highlighted bit. There is NO defence written in law for airsofters. There was a little piece that actually mentioned airsoft tacked onto the end of the VCRA by the then Home Secretary. This was a disposition by him at the time. This can be removed by the current Home Secretary at any time.

I had a quick search but I couldn't find the actual wording, but if you pm RockinRobin (or he sees this thread) he will have it. He has done a lot of research into the VCRA and has actually talked to people who would implement the laws so understands the act.
    JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

As Scooby says, the airsoft defence isn't in the VCRA per se. It comes under the "The Home Secretary may vary..." parts

Comment

That's the re-enactors section you've quoted.

As said above, our defence isn't written into the act itself, it was tacked on by the Home Secretary under the "other defences" provision.

It's in section 6:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...iZRQgXOX5F8WWA
        sigpic

Comment

So it's precarious at best. Which is why we should do our utmost to discourage two-tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            So it's precarious at best. Which is why we should do our utmost to discourage two-tone.

You are completly correct....

There is NO REASON for any airsofter to use a two tone.

Comment

Thanks for the info and links guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

I do agree with you there.

But two tone I think will be here to stay, and it's down to the retailers I think.

They probably love two tone- Means they have double the potential customers, 90% of which will be kids spending their pocket money.

I don't like UKARA. It holds too much of the Retailers interest rather than the Airsofters interest, which can be two different things.

I'd like to see two tone banned, as it takes away the excuse of :

"Well see here, if you can play airsoft with bright green guns then why on Earth do you need realistic black guns? "

But think how much sales would drop if it was banned. Don't think the shops would like that, would they? And the shops pretty much guide UKARA towards their gain....

Comment

UKARA is a retailer scheme, I'm puzzled if you think it should be anything else but run for the benefit/protection of retailers.
                  Originally posted by palmer234
                  Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                  Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                  Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

No, I'm just pointing that very fact out.

People seem confused about UKARA, it isn't a legal scheme, it has no legal authority, it has a monopoly on providing proof of defences and people seem to think it's compulsory.

It's funded by retailers and exists only to protect their profits and interests from harm resulting from legislation. Granted that may be taking it too far, but you get my point .

Comment

Closed as the OP has the information requested and the thread is in danger of going off into anti-UKARA rant land!
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillK Find out more about WillK
                      Working...
                      X