This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.A.S.S.

Hi guys, just thought I would post on here about P.A.S.S.
    When ever I ask about buying any second-hand guns and people ask if I am UKARA registered, and my reply is " no but i am P.A.S.S. registered" and confusion starts from there.

P.A.S.S. is a third party insurance from my local site I regularly play at, same requirements as UKARA to get registered.
    This is how they explain it:

This system has been developed by s.w.a.t. (local site) to allow players that wish to get into airsoft as a hobby, the methods for buying their own R.I.F. (replica imitation firearm)
    Changes to the law in 2007 required that all players existing + new players wishing to partake in airsoft activities must be registered with a bonified airsoft venue.
    This venue must be responsible to hold a register of players and monitor the player’s membership.
    The venue must also carry full paid up civil liability insurance.
    s.w.a.t. developed there own in house system due to the fact current UK based nation systems are flawed and out of date.
    By visiting our pass web site it explains how this is achieved for players to make the migration to newbie to fully fledged members. Membership is free for all new players:

and this is the law

the “2006 Act” means the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006;
    “permitted event” means a commercial event at which firearms or realistic imitation firearms (or both) are offered for sale or displayed;
    “insurance” means a contract of insurance or other arrangement made for the purpose of indemnifying a person or persons named in the contract or under the arrangement;
    “permitted activities” means the acting out of military or law enforcement scenarios for the purposes of recreation; and
    “third parties” includes participants in, and spectators of, permitted activities and historical re-enactments (as the case may be) and members of the public

So basically P.A.S.S. is a fully legal third party insurance for anyone registered to buy replica guns. Would be great if any Admins could approve this and will post the website and contact details if needed. I know that Zeroone accept it as i have previously explained it and got the O.K. over the phone and email, as well as other retailers within the UK

thanks for reading

FraGGer
    ACES
    Airsoft Commando Elite Squad

Re: P.A.S.S.

If you cannot even quote the correct legislation, then I have serious misgivings about this scheme.

VCRA makes no mention of airsoft whatsoever and the section you've quoted refers to re-enacting!

EDIT:

They can't even get the basics right on their own site:

"Changes to the law in 2007 required that all players existing + new players wishing to partake in airsoft activities must be registered with a bonified airsoft venue."

What a complete load of bo**ocks!
    Last edited by Caveira; 24 May, 2011, 22:58.
    sigpic

Comment

Discrepancies and bollocks aside, why would I want to be PASS registered as opposed to UKARA?

I mean fair enough for starting this up and getting the word out, but sell it to me. Why should I use PASS?

Comment

guys dont rip him apart , i use pass as my defence , i think the guy is just trying to put his case across you dont all have to have ukara...
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Forgive me i only scanned that as i got bored after the second sentance.

But what has third party insurance got to do with having a defence against VCRA?

Comment

Actually I think he's just trying to explain why he can't give UKARA when making RIF purchases on the forum. To be honest I like the sound of this system as from my understanding is UKARA protects the retailer not really the average airsofter/

Comment

Introduction to P.A.S.S.

P.A.S.S. stands for player approval site system.

If an existing player or new player that wishes to buy r.i.f.s “replica imitation firearms” within the u.k.
              The following format to coincide with the vcr reform bill of october 2007 must be followed.
              1. you are 18 years of age and over
              2. you are registered with a bonified airsoft venue, which must have full insurance cover for its players and staff (
              normally civil liability or public liability cover)
              3. you must have to be registered within a 3 month period and play at least three times within that three months.
              4. When you register, you must also need to provide identification in the form of a current photo version driving
              license or passport to confirm your identity.
              5. Your registration address must be the address were you live.

System

The P.A.S.S. system is quite simple and painless for s.w.a.t. airsoft members,
              1. download the P.A.S.S. form from this web site
              2. attend any s.w.a.t. venue on the scheduled shoot date
              3. you will be provided a free membership and a card with your unique code “our prefix is SAM” which stands for
              s.w.a.t. airsoft merseyside.
              4. You will then be added to our online list
              5. Hand in your P.A.S.S. form within a 3 month period,
              6. Upon achieving your probation you will be assigned a date (which is when you have been approved, which
              means you can buy r.i.f.s from any retailer within the u.k.)
              7. The retailer that is selling you equipment must then be prompted to visit our website which supports our P.A.S.S.
              this is found at swatclan.eu
              8. This web site carrys a copy of our insurance and shows your name and P.A.S.S. date
              9. The supplier then must satisfy them selves with security questions directly with s.w.a.t. airsoft
              10. This will be address, post code, date of birth ,
              11. No email addresses will be given to suppliers by s.w.a.t. airsoft
              12. s.w.a.t. has a policy that all phones are answered within normal business hours and have access to our
              secure database were ever we are, so this process will not slow down your order.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                They can't even get the basics right on their own site:

"Changes to the law in 2007 required that all players existing + new players wishing to partake in airsoft activities must be registered with a bonified airsoft venue."
                Hmm. And one would expect that if they're going to spout legal terms, they'd spell "bona fide" right...

I'd rather contribute to the numbers UKARA/retailers can claim as registered players in their dealings with HMG.

Comment

Originally posted by The Collector View Post
                  Actually I think he's just trying to explain why he can't give UKARA when making RIF purchases on the forum. To be honest I like the sound of this system as from my understanding is UKARA protects the retailer not really the average airsofter/
                  And if airsoft is banned, who do the retailers sell to?

Comment

So not being and never planning to play at SWAT Mersyside how do i go about getting my P.A.S.S?

Comment

again I am thinking he is trying to get the point across he does not need to be a ukara to buy a rif

Comment

Thats fair enough but if its only available for members of SWAT Mersyside then its not much use to the other 98% of softers out there is it?
                        Also im presuming its only the above mentioned site that can verify this?
                        Where as UKARA i can check with any participating retailer.

Comment

so I take it that all the main UK retailers accept this as proof when purchasing from them?

That is what has been inferred here:

6. Upon achieving your probation you will be assigned a date (which is when you have been approved, which
                          means you can buy r.i.f.s from any retailer within the u.k.)
                          Originally posted by palmer234
                          Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                          Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                          Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

right guys dont let this get out of hand - despite saying I'd never grace these forums again I've decided to add my 'pennarth worth'

firstly - no one needs ukara - it is a retailers scheme that allows distance selling of rifs in its simplest form. It is a voluntary code of conduct enact to protect Retailers, as such retailers belong to ukara not players!

As a player all you really need to prove is that your a regualr player - generally thats accepted by the Home Office as playing not less than 3 times within 2 months (thats what the HO says) - read the statute not ukara for this.

Anyway to answer the P.A.S.S. system is another system (that doesnt have to be swat specific) anyone could use it assuming their sites signe dup to it (its free after all) and can be accessed for FREE by retailers unlike ukara which charges a small fortune! saves money all round and lowers retailers costs as well!

At the end of the day if peeps just phoned the site and confirmed players you wouldnt need any of this but people are lazy, cant be bothered or just dont have the time, accessing a dbase of anytype is easier.

This is NOT posted as a wind up or critisism of ANY system in existence or proposed just putting the record straight - however i suspect some mod to put his big boots all over this SOON!

Comment

Perhaps i'm missing something here but it doesn't seem there's really any difference between this scheme and UKARA, aside from this one being far more limited in scope. It'd seem that if you're eligible for 'P.A.S.S' then you'd also be able to meet the requirements of UKARA so why not just go for that?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FraGGer224 Find out more about FraGGer224
                              Working...
                              X