This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Painting One Whole SIDE of a RIF Make it Two Tone

Bear with me on this one - there is a reason behind it.

My understanding is that paiting an RIF 50%+ in a bright colour turns it 'two tone' and therefore into an IF that can be obtained by any 18+ individual. My question is whether can you paint one side of the gun (as opposed to the standard whole receiver and stock type option). In other words, as you looked down the length of the gun one side would be black and the other green, for example?
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Re: Does Painting One Whole SIDE of a RIF Make it Two Tone

On a quick look at the specification, yes!
    sigpic

Comment

yeah why wouldnt it..i never remember it being specified for certain parts having to be two tone or both sides.

NEON RAVE TWO TONE M4 GO!!!!!

you should structure your outfit like that to...and call your self two tone man...one side of your outfit in a normal colour, other side matching the gun in a two tone bright colour so green for green or blue for blue etc

Comment

Yup, all it has to be is 50%!

Comment

51%

edit: disregard, robin cleared it up below
          Last edited by mack; 1 June, 2011, 20:26.

Comment

Genius!
            Originally posted by palmer234
            Swerve talks sense. I like him.
            Originally posted by Robin-Hood
            Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Loving Purcy's idea, but not quite for me!

I'm asking because there's a guy on a popular auction site who's selling some amusing glass cases with 'In case of zombies break glass' written on them.

The one he used to sell just had a hatchet in it, but now I've noticed he's selling one with a cheap plastic springer shotty and MAC in there, alongside some inert ammo. Looks cool, but I was concerened about legality issues. In his description he mentions the 2007 VCRA Act and explains that he's covered by painting the back 50% of the guns (which you'll actually never see in the display cabinet) in a bright colour...

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

And, in fact, you don't even need to paint one full half bright green (for example). 51% is a misunderstanding.

The rules say the "primary" colour has to be one of the approved ones, so ACPO say that the colour that covers the largest proportion of the gun must be one of those colours.

Bottom - Snot green
                Top - Olive, plus a little bit of snot green
                Left - Black, plus a little bit of snot green
                Right - Tan, plus a little bit of snot green

Snot green is now the single colour that covers the largest proportion of the gun, so it's acceptable according to the ACPO guidelines!
                sigpic

Comment

lmfao such a broken system

Comment

Question for you here Robin, nowhere on his advert (which may arrive in your PM box about now) does he specify the need for a buyer to be 18+.

Should he?

Comment

I think that you know the answer already!

He clearly states that they are 1:1 scale, so they are imitation firearms as defined by VCRA. So, not only are they in breach of ebay rules, they must be limited to 18 plus buyers.

I'd also personally argue that if you can't see any paint at all they can't, by definition, be painted so the largest proportion colour is an approved one. Surely there must be a little overlap!
                      sigpic

Comment

Winging its way to you Purcy.

Robin, is it contact ebay time? 'For the good of our hobby,' and all that?

Comment

Yes, without a doubt.
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
                          Working...
                          X