Ok two questions about the VCRA shizz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok two questions about the VCRA shizz

Right my first is one I should of asked earlier now I think about it. I'm fully UKARA'd and all that stuff (I'm not to savvy on this stuff) so I'm ok with owning RIFs.

On Sunday I went to my first game where I had to make my own way down by train (I usually get a lift with my team but for one reason and another I couldn't get a lift) and I don't actually have a card with my UKARA details or any way to contact the site I was going too because I didn't have my phone. So if I was caught with it for one reason or another what would actually happen to me?

My second question is regarding me going to America on holiday this summer, I'm going LA and may make a visit to the Airsoft GI walk in store and what's the best way to get a RIF back in to the UK? My orginal plan was to post the upper receiver to a friend with their UKARA details on it and take the lower back with me with my UKARA details in the bag with it, would this work?

Re: Ok two questions about the VCRA shizz

Originally posted by DECKTRON View Post
    Right my first is one I should of asked earlier now I think about it. I'm fully UKARA'd and all that stuff (I'm not to savvy on this stuff) so I'm ok with owning RIFs.

On Sunday I went to my first game where I had to make my own way down by train (I usually get a lift with my team but for one reason and another I couldn't get a lift) and I don't actually have a card with my UKARA details or any way to contact the site I was going too because I didn't have my phone. So if I was caught with it for one reason or another what would actually happen to me?
    Nothing. It isn't illegal to transport airsoft guns to and from sites. Or transport them for any other legitimate reason for that matter.

My second question is regarding me going to America on holiday this summer, I'm going LA and may make a visit to the Airsoft GI walk in store and what's the best way to get a RIF back in to the UK? My orginal plan was to post the upper receiver to a friend with their UKARA details on it and take the lower back with me with my UKARA details in the bag with it, would this work?
    Probably, but why not just mail the whole thing to yourself?

Declaring it in your hold luggage is an option (on a few airlines) but you know how jittery those US types are...

Comment

Because just the upper or just the lower will be less likely to be opened and all of that stuff, therefore less likely to have extra charges slapped on it, also cheaper postage if I'm only mailing half of it.

Comment

Anecdotal evidence would suggest part of the gun is MORE likely to get stopped, as HMC are getting wise to people shipping 2 halves separately.

Comment

Unfortunately, customs have wisened up. Basically, if a package comes through and it's half a gun, they'll often seize that package just to see if another package comes through with the other half, with the same addressee.

Edit - darn you.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
            Edit - darn you.

Comment

By trying to avoid attention, you may well attract more. Do it properly.
              Originally posted by palmer234
              Swerve talks sense. I like him.
              Originally posted by Robin-Hood
              Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Well I have a good idea what I'm going, ship one half to a friends, and take the other half back myself, the reason I won't take the entire gun on the plane is because some airlines won't handle imitation fire arms ''/ I'm pretty sure Delta does, it's been a while since I've been working at the airport.

Comment

Because just the upper or just the lower will be less likely to be opened and all of that stuff, therefore less likely to have extra charges slapped on it, also cheaper postage if I'm only mailing half of it.
                  its value that affects charges not whether it is a full gun or not.
                  TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Well I have a good idea what I'm going, ship one half to a friends, and take the other half back myself, the reason I won't take the entire gun on the plane is because some airlines won't handle imitation fire arms ''/ I'm pretty sure Delta does, it's been a while since I've been working at the airport.
                    if the airline will take them I would just take the whole thing rather than split it in half
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Just call the airline up and ask about their policy. They might add a note to your booking to state its a RIF and that they are aware. You will probably have to attend a closed room bag search to verify this, like I did in Southampton airport.
                      'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

Originally posted by FormerSmurf View Post
                        Just call the airline up and ask about their policy. They might add a note to your booking to state its a RIF and that they are aware. You will probably have to attend a closed room bag search to verify this, like I did in Southampton airport.
                        That's a very good idea actually. I've done this once before when i was bringing back a RIF after my business trip in the US, I called ahaead and got paperwork etc sorted so I could have free passage with it in my luggage.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DECKTRON Deck, 19, male, In college, and in need of a job :( Find out more about DECKTRON
                        Working...
                        X