Site membership - check - what now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site membership - check - what now?

Yesterday, I received my site membership number, and a fully stamped UKARA form. I was told to present this to the retailer of my choice to make a purchase, and get onto the UKARA database.

Trouble is, I've been looking in the classifieds here, and have spotted something I like the look of - but the seller is a private seller, and cannot (I assume) register me.

What to do next?

Cheers, Bradders.

Re: Site membership - check - what now?

If you have a site membership number then the seller should be able to check this with the site owner/managers. If they can vouch for you as a regular skirmisher then the law will have been satisfied.

If the seller won't...... Tough luck there.

Comment

wait a sec, isn't it the site you register with, the one that give you a membership number, aren't they the ones who submit that number to the UKARA db managers?

you state your site mebership number when you make a RIF purchase, the retailer then checks the db that your number exists and cross checks with other details

as far as I know there is no direct relationship between an individual airsofter, and UKARA. The relationship is between a retailer and a site that has joined the UKARA scheme.
      Originally posted by palmer234
      Swerve talks sense. I like him.
      Originally posted by Robin-Hood
      Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve View Post
        wait a sec, isn't it the site you register with, the one that give you a membership number, aren't they the ones who submit that number to the UKARA db managers?
        Not always, I took my form to my local retailer and got them (I skrim with them aswell) to add me to the system. If the site membership number is 3 letters and 5 numbers (xxx00000) then this will be the number on the UKARA database. Infact thinking about it now most people I skrim with all took there forms in to the retailer themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
          If you have a site membership number then the seller should be able to check this with the site owner/managers. If they can vouch for you as a regular skirmisher then the law will have been satisfied.

If the seller won't...... Tough luck there.
          This is what i had to do when i first bought a RIF from an online retailer.

I took my UKARA form to a retailer when i first started and he never botherd registering me properly (obviously to get more buisness his end)

I had to get another shop to confirm my details with my site owner,and now its all good.

I always Ring a shop that i have never bought from before to confirm they have my details.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
            This is what i had to do when i first bought a RIF from an online retailer.

I took my UKARA form to a retailer when i first started and he never botherd registering me properly (obviously to get more buisness his end)

I had to get another shop to confirm my details with my site owner,and now its all good.

I always Ring a shop that i have never bought from before to confirm they have my details.
            This seems to happen a lot, best way I've always found is to make sure your site operator is on the ball and just use them directly to confirm you are a registered skirmishers - this is how the whole system should have worked from the start!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bradders An old man who should know better! Find out more about Bradders
            Working...
            X