This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be two tone...

A friend of mine made an impulse buy (rif) from overseas after a his first game of Airsoft, not sure why he didn't realise he'd need a ukara but think he thought being tan and black was two tone.
    Not surprisingly it's not stuck in customs who want a valid defence!
    Would it be sufficient to tell customs I will take take the gun and own it and have it delivered to me. Then if I two tone it (with correct colours and coverage) then let him have it back or quite simply Is the gun going back to china?

Cheers guys
    . .

Re: To be two tone...

phone them and ask them would be the best thing as i don't think you'd get a definite answer from here

Comment

Yeah think that's properbly gonna be the best option. Just though I'd see if anyone else has has a similar experience , cheers
      . .

Comment

I'd have thought that as it's addressed to him, the onus is on your friend to provide a defense. I don't think (though I may be wrong) that you'd be able to carry the can, as it isn't being sent to you.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Sounds like a case of someone thinking customs are stupid to me

And im quite sure its not going to be released untill the addresse can prove he has a defense.

Whats to stop you recieving the RIF and simply handing it over as it is?
          Thats the way i would look at it.

Comment

Call in RockinRobin!

Comment

Yeah was a stoooopid thing to do on his part, just thought I may be able to help out. if one was to sell a rif to someone without a defence but two toning it before the sale, would this evan be ok? If it's against reg's or frowned soon then I'll probably just say its going back to the retailer
              . .

Comment

Originally posted by HullAL09 View Post
                Call in RockinRobin!

I've not come across anyone trying to change ownership of a RIF while with customs before, but on the face of it your friend may well be looking at a prosecution for importing a RIF without a valid defence.

Try ringing customs but, as said above, he's the one it's addressed to and he'll have to carry the can.
                sigpic

Comment

Cheers guys, will get him to call them and I'll call them and see what they say
                  . .

Comment

If I was him Id pay 3 games and apply for ukara fast, if you speak to your site owner he may be able to forward customs a letter and his insurance for his airsoft site. If he knows you well then he may be willing to consider your friend an airsofter and help him.

Customs may then consider that a defence as at the very lowest definition of an airsoft skirmisher is someone who has played atleast 1 game.

Ukara`s 3 games in no less then 2 months rule is a guideline and tbh a pretty good one for new players but with some help from whoever runs your site customs may release it.

Its best to speak to them like everyone else has said
                    sigpic
                    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

3 games in not less than 2 months is a guideline?
                      I haven't managed to get membership anywhere with less than 3 games in 2 months or more, that includes a site I'm good friends with the owners as well.

To the OP, I say your mate has s**t right out and tbh deserves police intervention, it sounds like he tried to pull a fast one.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Sean thats a bit harsh mate, i'd almost guaruntee with most people especially kinda mid twentees that they wouldnt KNOW there were rules and regulations regarding airsoft unless they were told about it. Lets be fair you can go buy air rifles and paintball guns etc, and 10(?) years ago it was common to get "BB gunz" and go shoot your mates in the back garden so i'd say he's probably just been a bit excited and a bit ignorant.

However ignorance isnt a defence either and in terms of law i'd sooner see your mate have to go and get himself a defence before its released rather than it be released to you because there are plenty of people who would just get them ordered and then guilt trip a mate into accepting it for them and it'll just harm the sport.

Comment

Don't think he intended to pull a fast one, just absolute stupitidy!

It was sent back and i think he got a partial refund, but still and expensive lesson. A few stern words and the threat of the police has put him off buying his own rifle, even a two tone, he just gonna stick with renting for the time being!
                          . .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

windywindmill Find out more about windywindmill
                          Working...
                          X