This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
    Technically you can not sell any part of of anything to do with a replica gun regardless of how you describe or it actual use.
    Why?

So i cant sell a V2 gearbox on Ebay?

Comment

Re: Airsoft and Ebay

Originally posted by NitroJoe View Post
      Incorrect. Airsoft parts are recognised and permitted in eBays firearms policy, that's about the limit though.
      No you are not allowed to sell parts of a replica firearm on eBay. I have had many many items removed as they breach their policies on firearms. I once had an EOTech sight removed from sale because the Moderator just saw the word Gun in the listing and pulled it down. I have had long conversations with them at many levels including emailing their policy team in the USA. And believe me they do not allow it.

However!

Because there search software is not specific enough most of the parts that we list on there go by un-noticed and many items go to the end of the auction with no problem at all.

The big issue is that the staff have no idea what they are looking at and even though a spring for a tappet plate has nothing to do with the power rating of an Airsoft gun they will remove it because in their minds " Air Guns " Have springs therefore all springs will make a gun shoot with more power.

And yes I know there are thousands of sales every week that breach their policy but as I say they cant catch them all. But once you I'D is on their system for a breach then then everything you list for the next six months is flagged.
      Last edited by ThatblokewiththeScar.; 18 July, 2011, 18:27.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
        Why?

No, you can sell a gearbox on eBay! However I can not because I have been flagged so all my listing are checked and once that happens anything they think is remotely linked to a firearm is removed.

Enjoy it while you can! And if you think I am wrong then call the help line give them you user I'D and ask if you can list an gearbox for a Airsoft Gun. Then list it a few days later and see what happens.

Comment

eotechs are fine on ebay, same goes for most sights, images of eotechs on guns or any other images that include guns are forbidden, silencers are forbidden, most of my sales have the words, pistol, rifle, g36, m4 in the title as well so i get more hits, perhaps its because I sell so many and ebay take a fiver off me for each one, shit Ive made that site some money so they havent been bothering me for the last year or so, I know of other sellers selling small stuff that have difficulties because of multiple small value sales

been flagged, banned a few times, ill fight anything, ebay being no exception
          http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
          airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
            I am selling it on here but have not had much interest so thought I would try selling it on ebay. Thanks for the info all

How can you say you haven't had much interest when you haven't even put it up for sale
            WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policie...ns-knives.html

cant see anything there about gearboxes, however spotted this in the not allowed section of BBguns

Any frame or receiver for a BB gun or air rifle
              airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

Ok i sort of have to hold my hands up and apologise here, but only to a certain degree.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policie...ns-knives.html

It does state that "recievers" are against the rules, silencers only if they are for RS.

But nowhere does it state that me or any other user cant sell the gearbox, barrel or any other parts for that matter, so i sugest those of you that are having "parts" removed continue to speak to Ebay

Comment

Cant link it obviously but it cant be coincidence that there is now a TM Aug up for auction on Ebay in 2 pieces

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                    Why?

it seems you cant, had 2 gearboxes removed this week..... seems they dont like triggers.

Idiots who work there cant even describe their policies..

Comment

Its Ebay thats the joke here, at this point there is 1 complete TM box (complete with trigger ) and 4 shells.

Not to mention the amount of magazines up for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
                        How can you say you haven't had much interest when you haven't even put it up for sale
                        He put it up for sale yesterday morning, I made an offer for the receiver but got turned down

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                        Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo View Post
                          it seems you cant, had 2 gearboxes removed this week..... seems they dont like triggers.

Idiots who work there cant even describe their policies..
                          these ads have cost you money, are you having a good bitch at them?

Comment

magazines are fine, as long as you state that they are for airsoft use, please note that ebay DOES differentiate between bb guns and firearms i.e real steel

Comment

In the past year I have had Barrel's both inner and outer removed, A replica EOTech, Two silencers, A Gearbox Shell, A Gearbox, An M16 Stock, GBBR Recoil Springs, M100 Gearbox Springs and a 14MM CCW Flash hider for an MP5.

I am pretty sure none or few of these are listed in their policy for banned items but they still remove them.

Comment

It wouldnt be so bad if they just cleared it up.
                                Yes you can sell airsoft replica PARTS
                                or
                                No you cant sell anything airsoft related full stop.

How can they leave certain parts ie mags up but remove listings with gearboxes in?!?!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

I love Airsoft Find out more about I love Airsoft
                                Working...
                                X