Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charging for UKARA?!

Originally posted by CK View Post
    What happened to the dodgy 'for the airsofters' version of ukara that was kicking around last year, AOBA or whatever it was. That cost the same as i recall.

I like the idea of the 'costa coffee' style card. incentive to return to the same site.

To be honest I dont know how much time/effort/work goes into entering someone onto the ukara database, so I couldn't say whether it is worth £10 or not.

CK
    about the time it takes to read your post!

Comment

Thats good money making :P Lets say for arguments sake, 5minutes per person to enter, so 12 people per hour, thats £120 per hour take home. I'm in the wrong line of work...

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

My site charges £15, but thats for membership. And is a yearly thing. Its not really at all bad form to charge a membership fee.

Besides, they have a whole stack of unclaimed cards that have cost them money, that people have never come to collect. At least it doesn't cost them!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
          I'm almost sure Alpha 55 requires members to pay an annual fee of £50, which gives them a few site discounts, etc, but also "covers the cost of getting registered".

Very strange.
          Yeah the £50 is a yearly site membership fee. UKARA is done at the same time for free. For the £50, it reduces the green fee each time you play, gets discount on bb's etc and also includes free members only days with bbq's etc.
          So it more than pays for itself over the year
          G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

To clarify: Players DON'T get UKARA "Membership" - that's the retailers.
            Players get UKARA "Registration".

My Local (Billericay) charge a 1-off £2 extra on your first game day fee (currently £15) for the admin, membership card, etc. UKARA admin after that needs no extra payments.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
              I'm almost sure Alpha 55 requires members to pay an annual fee of £50, which gives them a few site discounts, etc, but also "covers the cost of getting registered".

Very strange.
              alpha dont charge to send off for your UKARA, however, they will only do it if your a member of the site....which is £50...

i love playing at alpha, great site, great people and marshals... however (and a lot of the locals think the same) the £50 is steep, especially seeing as its £25 a week anyways (£20 if you pay the £50) regardless of whether or not you have your own stuff. somebody with their own gas, bb's, guns, batteries, combat gear, pay the same as somebody who turns up with nothing...
              “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

£10 just to register? Damn, that's immoral.

I think charging for membership is cheeky enough, especially considering the walk-on fees of some sites, but charging £50 for it is downright scandalous. I would be expecting at least one free game day per year for that, plus other reasonable benefits (we're talking retailer discount, a patch, freebies, that sort of thing) to entice me to pay £50!

As it is, I happily partake of the loyalty card scheme and get my free game day every 6th visit.
                Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Really? £10 for hardly anything?!!?

Weird, I was about to renew my UKARA at the same site, but didnt bring enough ID with me.

they said nothing about £10...

I wouldn't mind if it makes the games £5 cheaper everytime.... hmmmmm, I may have to see if i can get my UKARA somewhere else...

Can I still get it renewed from the place I originally got it from, though Ive not played there since January after playing a very badly organised games there...
                  FOR SALE
                  7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                  , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
                    Can I still get it renewed from the place I originally got it from, though Ive not played there since January after playing a very badly organised games there...
                    That depends entirely on the site's policy.
                    My local's policy is to renew if you've played there in the previous few months. I think 6 months was mentioned, but I'm not sure.

Comment

My local site charges £10 for membership and addition to the UKARA database.
                      You do get a photo ID with your number on it
                      This is a one-off fee.
                      Anual renewal is FREE and easy , bring your card ,they check their records then the owner renews your membership on his smartphone same day

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jez Armstrong Find out more about Jez Armstrong
                      Working...
                      X