Buying RIF with firearms license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying RIF with firearms license?

Just wondering do you still have to go through the entire UKARA process even if you have a firearms license?

Re: Buying RIF with firearms license?

yep,...check the ukara faq on their site. www.ukara.org.uk
    The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

yup. sucks, donit.

Comment

It's a bit stupid to be honest

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. Its nice to know the system works. I can purchase a muzzle loading riffle that fires great hunks of led propelled by gunpowder yet i cannot purchase airsoft riffle that is powered by a spring *facepalm*

Comment

I supose the sensible way of looking at it is the chances of somebody holding up somewhere with a m4 is pretty slim but a pistol is a different story which you can't own under a FAC, i believe... Hence still having to proove valid reason for owning replicas.

Still the hoops you have to go through for a FAC surely youve been checked enough...

Hey ho, they is the rules and they are set for a reason!
            Originally posted by Bluegill
            5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

but - having a firearms license doesn't prove you're a regular skirmisher.

The two uses, and the exemptions - are not transferable regardless of how daft it seems. (I know it should carry that a responsible gun owner and firearms license holder should be able to buy RIFs, but the law says imitation firearms are illeagle UNLESS you are a skirmisher. It doesnt include "unless license holder" as one of the exemptions)
              The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ben_55 Find out more about Ben_55
              Working...
              X