How should i care for a GBB pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should i care for a GBB pistol?

I'm getting a TM 5-7 gas blow back pistol, which i will be running on Abbey Predator ultra gas here in Essex. So i was just wondering if i am using the right gas, and what sort of things will i need to do to keep the gun in full working order. I've never had a Gas airsoft gun before, so sorry if i sound stupid

Re: How should i care for a GBB pistol?

do you have no idea at all? cause if you dont you probably shouldnt get a gas gun...and pretty much strip it and clean it....as far as i know gas doesnt make a huge differance, just as long as it doesnt have too much or too little silicon in it...and do not ever use propane its terrible for your gun

Comment

Ignore the above person, the info above is pure rubbish, borne of ignorance. There is nothing, repeat NOTHING wrong with using propane - and different gases make a huge difference on the performance of a gas gun.

Abbey predator will do you absolutely fine, although in the winter you may find you may need to use green gas.

A simple field strip, clean and (light) lubrication with silicone oil after every use should be fine

Comment

This may be of some help. It was to me when I just starting.

http://www.justpistols.co.uk/gascare.htm
        Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Thanks, that link was extremely helpful.

Comment

I also like to put a bit of silicone grease on the top of my gas routers (the rubber bit on the top of the mag) and on the bit of the flow nozzle that it meets with I find you get a smoother action and a better seal

I also like to lube up the slide well and always try to add a buffer of somekind to the recoil spring normally an o-ring but you can`t always get the room for that on all pistols might just be over kill on my part but I find it gives a crisper recoil and reduces impact damage on the slide on long term use.

Try to store your mags with a bit of airsoft gas or maintenance gas in them but dont leave them totally full when its hot or you can sometimes blow the fill or flow valve when the mag heats up.

The guide seams to cover the rest.
            sigpic
            Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

How do i know if the mag has gas in it? Should i just Use it up completely, then put a tiny bit of gas in?

Comment

Press the valve release lightly. If it's stiff and doesn't budge, it's got gas in

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ShooterSam540 I play airsoft, go to a shooting club, play video games, and go to Army Cadets. Rayleigh Detachment Royal Artillery Army Cadet Force ftw!!!!! Find out more about ShooterSam540
                Working...
                X