Registered site no longer exists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Registered site no longer exists?

Actually you do not need to be a member of a site to have the skirmishers defence.

Legally as long as you have 3 games in no less than 2 months (over 3 months or more basically) and the site has PLI and can confirm the dates of attendance you can buy. Oh and you need to be 18 or older.

This is not speculation, this is fact when I imported a RIF and dealt directly with HM Customs.

They were very clear on what was required. Though they did as for UKARA initially and no, they do not have direct access to the database, they phone a retailer who does.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
      Actually you do not need to be a member of a site to have the skirmishers defence.

Legally as long as you have 3 games in no less than 2 months (over 3 months or more basically) and the site has PLI and can confirm the dates of attendance you can buy. Oh and you need to be 18 or older.

This is not speculation, this is fact when I imported a RIF and dealt directly with HM Customs.

They were very clear on what was required. Though they did as for UKARA initially and no, they do not have direct access to the database, they phone a retailer who does.
      Nearly, but not quite.

Regular player at a site with insurance - yes.

3 games in no less than 2 month - no.

The act, nor the implementation order or guidance notes, do not mention the 3 in 2 rule. This has been assumed by some people from the reference to the proposed ABA system. This is not, however, a legal requirement and was added simply to show what sort of system may be set up by the retailers.

UKARA too this guideline and ran with it.
      sigpic

Comment

hi there, im sorry for butting in with a question but i have been having troubles getting hold of UKARA myself from a site i play at.
        i do play 2 times a month and i have been trying to get the owner to help me get UKARA.
        shall i say i have been waiting 5 months and given the owner my information 3 times along with the photos and a £10 fee.
        because i still dont have the UKARA, could i go buy a rif from say zero one and get them to ring the owner for comfrimation of me playing there and they'll allow that?

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
          Nearly, but not quite.

Regular player at a site with insurance - yes.

3 games in no less than 2 month - no.

The act, nor the implementation order or guidance notes, do not mention the 3 in 2 rule. This has been assumed by some people from the reference to the proposed ABA system. This is not, however, a legal requirement and was added simply to show what sort of system may be set up by the retailers.

UKARA too this guideline and ran with it.
          Fair point, it was just quoted to me as a guideline that HM Customs were using regarding dates. Direct from the HM Customs. It does make sense and I can see why its been adopted.

Its what they were looking for (HM Customs)

With no clearly specified legal requirement in place, its natural that the 3 games over no less than 2 months would become the accepted norm.

Comment

Originally posted by mafiadragon View Post
            hi there, im sorry for butting in with a question but i have been having troubles getting hold of UKARA myself from a site i play at.
            i do play 2 times a month and i have been trying to get the owner to help me get UKARA.
            shall i say i have been waiting 5 months and given the owner my information 3 times along with the photos and a £10 fee.
            because i still dont have the UKARA, could i go buy a rif from say zero one and get them to ring the owner for comfrimation of me playing there and they'll allow that?
            Hypothetically yes. It is however up to the retailer to make such a call. You would need to speak to the retailer and confirm your site would confirm details when asked.

Retailers are not obliged to sell a customer anything and some retailers get rather unhelpful if you do not have UKARA. Those are the retailers I avoid. It only takes a phone call or email to a site owner after all.

Comment

"Regular player at a site with insurance - yes."

Er, no. You have to be able to prove you have a defense that is all. The above is a suggested method of proof.
              The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

All the site would do is stamp your UKARA form. Retailers can add you to the UKARA database, not sites. Sites can only renew your registration.

He probably doesn't know you're waiting for him to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post

Er, no. You have to be able to prove you have a defense that is all. The above is a suggested method of proof.
                  That is the airsoft defence... Anything else is in the VCRA already.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post

Don't play the game unless you've got the moves

"The regulations provide for two new defences. The first is for the organisation and holding of airsoft skirmishing. This is defined by reference to "permitted activities" and the defence applies only where third party liability insurance is held in respect of the activities."

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/about-u...2007/031-2007/
                    sigpic

Comment

Interesting reading. Especially the actual RIF "addendum" to the VCRA which includes the airsoft defence (described under the terms "military or law enforcement scenarios for the purpose of recreation").

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                        All the site would do is stamp your UKARA form. Retailers can add you to the UKARA database, not sites. Sites can only renew your registration.

He probably doesn't know you're waiting for him to do it.
                        thats the thing i ask him to bring the stuff to stamp it so i could send it off myself, it comes round to the next skirmish and he does not have the stuff and this is about the 8th time, its like he does not care and i would like UKARA
                        Last edited by mafiadragon; 31 August, 2011, 13:36.

Comment

thats the thing i ask him to bring the stuff to stamp it so i could send it off myself, it comes round to the next skirmish and he does not have the stuff and this is about the 8th time, its like he does not care and i would like UKARA
                          Are they actually a UKARA affilliated site?
                          I'm not saying he is, but he may be stalling...

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                            Are they actually a UKARA affilliated site?
                            I'm not saying he is, but he may be stalling...
                            i hope so the elite action games are on the ukara website as registered and he said he is

Comment

Charging for UKARA registration is a scam. I'd report them, but I'm not sure anything would be done.

I'm happy to pay for membership if I get a card, or discounts or whatever, but paying to have a form signed, stamped and your name taken down? Ludicrous, no matter how you look at it.

With that in mind, a good number of airsoft shops I have spoken to have been happy to accept site membership as proof of defence. As long as they are satisfied you are an airsofter, you're golden most of the time. Obviously some sites are sticklers for the rules (that they probably don't properly understand), but others have stopped asking for my details (when ordering by phone) because I've ordered so many times, they know I'm good to go. This proved handy when my ukara membership expired for a couple of months before I got it renewed, although I had membership at two other sites I could fall back on.

Also, my brother went to Z1 to change his UKARA address, took a couple of minutes in person and all was well.
                              feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15176

Comment

Originally posted by kruck View Post
                                Charging for UKARA registration is a scam. I'd report them, but I'm not sure anything would be done.

I'm happy to pay for membership if I get a card, or discounts or whatever, but paying to have a form signed, stamped and your name taken down? Ludicrous, no matter how you look at it.
                                Well I won't quite call it a scam, you have to remember that UKARA charge sites and retailers a yearly fee, or used to.

I remember seeing this on their website a while back although can't seem to find it now - does anyone know how much they charge if indeed they do?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                                Working...
                                X