Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

WTF?!?! So many arguments... Help me please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF?!?! So many arguments... Help me please!

Hello. After many arguments between myself and two mates (the three of us aren't registered as we can't agree on how it's done) so...

If I go to my local sight three times in say two months (two Sundays and a mid week eve) have I skirmished enough to get registered?

Also, if over the course of one month I go to three seperate sites, can I then get registerered?

Thanks!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Re: WTF?!?! So many arguments... Help me please!

UKARA registration requires a minimum of 3 games in no less than 2 months.
    sigpic

Comment

You need to go at least three times in a period of no less than (ie. at least two) months to get registered, and that has to be with the same organisation (could be multiple different sites run by the same people).

Edit: ninja'd.

Comment

Have you and your mates tried reading any of the many posts that cover all this on here?

Short story: You have to be over 18. You have to play 3 games in no less than 2 months for UKARA. You don't necessarily have to play at the same site for a 'defence' to apply, but you effectively do for UKARA since you'll need a site number/membership number and the site that gives you that for your UKARA purposes will probably only count the games you play with them.

EDIT: Ninja'd by someone who was ninja'd!
        Last edited by Longshot; 31 August, 2011, 23:31. Reason: Mass ninjaing
        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Please note that I have read the bumf but then so have my mates and we all appear to have interpreted it differently so the bottom line is... If I skirmish once a month at the same site for three months I can then UKARA?

Comment

Yes
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
              UKARA registration requires a minimum of 3 games in no less than 2 months.
              I think, to avoid the numerous misinterpretations of this, it should say "at least 3 times over a period longer than 2 months".
              Says exactly the same thing, but in simpler English...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                Please note that I have read the bumf but then so have my mates and we all appear to have interpreted it differently so the bottom line is... If I skirmish once a month at the same site for three months I can then UKARA?

Don’t worry yourself as I misinterpreted it wrong when I first started Airsofting and most of my friends did too. I find myself arguing with a fair few people about how it’s actually done and obviously they're always in the right even though they've not even played a game.

Alot of people think you have to play 3 games within a space of two months.

Comment

To be fair I initially thought it was in two months. But now I know I have to exceed two months and thats fine. Thanks for the info

Comment

Yeah, it's the "no less than 2 months" part that causes the most confusion - not exactly the best way to put it, but that's probably because it's pseudo-legalese.

Comment

It's to stop the confusion that could come from using "more than". More than two months could be interpreted as three whole months, where in fact two months and one day would be good enough.

Whichever way they worded it, there was bound to be someone who's not going to read it the right way.

Oh well, could be worse, it could be as bad as the dangerous dogs act!
                      sigpic

Comment

Then maybe "more than 60 days" would have been more appropriate.

Comment

Very true, I've always wondered why they didn't use that wording myself.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not, exactly on topic but it thought i might aswell ask out of curiosity without making a new thread, what if someone 17 was to play say 2 games in the two months before their birthday and then play their third game once they turned 18, would that count? because it doesn't actually clarify this in the VCRA stuff as far as i'm aware, so i was just wondering.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
                            You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
                            Kid has issues

Comment

You can't purchase under the age of 18, but the moment you get to your birthday then you're legal. If your site is willing to give you a full membership at that stage, then UKARA should be happy with that.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rich83 I am a mole and I live in a hole. Find out more about Rich83
                              Working...
                              X