defence needed for steampunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defence needed for steampunk?

So yea, is painting it in a bright colour/asking for defence something one would have to do to sell a steampunk airsoft?

I assume a steampunk airsoft would be an IF, since it's stated that say things that look too futuristic to be realistic is not a RIF. But I just wanted to make sure first.

P.S.
    Since we're on the topic: is roleplaying a legimit defence?
    my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Re: defence needed for steampunk?

It's not really been confirmed as far as I know. If it is roughly gun shape, I'd err on the side of caution and treat it like any RIF tbh.

Comment

use this as a point of reference for any airsoft gun

JG thundermaul that is not two tone, requires UKARA

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
        use this as a point of reference for any airsoft gun

JG thundermaul that is not two tone, requires UKARA
        What source (if a store, could you PM me)? Just wondered since pink weapons on twozero seems to require UKARA (I'm guessing because everything in their rifle category by automatic gets this option on this homepage)?

Should probubly have had this in the original post, but this seems to state the opposit?

Offence to sell an imitation to a person under 18

Imitation firearm" is defined in section 57(4) of the Firearms 1968 as "any thing which has the appearance of being a firearm whether or not it is capable of discharging any shot, bullet or other missile". It will ultimately be for the courts to decide whether any item falls within this definition but it will also apply to non-realistic imitations which nevertheless have "the appearance of being a firearm". This could include some children's toys although many toys will look so different from a firearm they might not be regarded as an imitation at all (for example, some of the more futuristic looking space guns). Where a toy is considered to be an imitation firearm (and where an item is considered an imitation firearm), the purchase will have to be made by a parent or other person aged over 18.

Comment

some places did sell thundermauls without ukara i remember one of my mates sons got one and i checked it out

Comment

If the shape and colour can be mistaken for a firearm it is a RIF (regardless of if that model exists in the real world)
            Pink M4s are realistic as they are a replica of a real pink Armalite (although that could be argued in court if you really want to be the test case)
            You will also NOT find pink in the Home Office approved list of bright colours for Imitation firearms

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
              If the shape and colour can be mistaken for a firearm it is a RIF (regardless of if that model exists in the real world)
              Pink M4s are realistic as they are a replica of a real pink Armalite (although that could be argued in court if you really want to be the test case)
              You will also NOT find pink in the Home Office approved list of bright colours for Imitation firearms
              Maybe this changed but I'm quite sure this is incorrect? and if someone makes a rifle in bright green, will this mean that IF can't be sold green anymore?

Those who will not meet the requirements specified in the regulations will not be able to acquire realistic imitations but will still be able to buy non-realistic imitation firearms, as will those who wish to purchase paintball markers. The Act states that an imitation firearm is to be considered distinguishable from a real firearm if its size, shape or principal colour is unrealistic for a real firearm. Accordingly, to provide business with a degree of certainty about what can be traded in, the regulations specify that imitation firearms with a height less than 38mm and a length less than 70mm would be considered unrealistic. Additionally, imitation firearms which are transparent; bright red; bright orange; bright yellow; bright green; bright pink; bright purple; and bright blue are considered non-realistic colours.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
                pinks one of the first coloures approved.

Comment

bright red,
                  bright orange,
                  bright yellow,
                  bright green,
                  bright pink, and
                  bright purple

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
                    bright red,
                    bright orange,
                    bright yellow,
                    bright green,
                    bright pink, and
                    bright purple
                    transparent/bright blue is not accepted any more?

edit: feel like a troll with this post, should have PMed you that.

Comment

clear and bright blue are accepted .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

two_zero Find out more about two_zero
                      Working...
                      X