UKARA Rules...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKARA Rules...

Does an exchange between two individuals count as selling an RIF?

If member 1 swapped his RIF for member 2s RIF and vice versa and both lived happily ever after - would this count as breaching UKARA rulings?

I only ask because each member would already be in possession of an RIF, just a different one after the exchange, however, would still only have one - the amount they started with...

Might be considered a 'stupid' question but what you don't ask you dont get.

Any light appreciated.

Thanks

Re: UKARA Rules...

It does count I'm afraid. Value has been exchanged for a RIF both ways.

Comment

Yep. Get UKARA. that way there are no issues
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
        It does count I'm afraid. Value has been exchanged for a RIF both ways.
        Yeah, thought as much. Ah well.

As for the UKARA registration - it's on the list, definitely, not only for buying RIFs but just that extra bit of defence!

But anyway, thanks for the replies, much obliged.

Tomson

Comment

To throw a small spanner into the works here. If you can prove a defense (in that both are skirmishers) and it's a private trade, then it would be acceptable.

UKARA is not a legal requirement.
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

you don't NEED to be UKARA covered, if both members are regular skirmishers (3 times in over 2 months) then it is fine. and both are above the age of 18.

Edit: Grrrr BAMF you sneaky Ninja, you!

Comment

its fine ukara isnt a legal requirment

Comment

But the problem is the OP typed UKARA, but meant VCRA, which is a whole different story...

BTW, IMO, the people that continuously respond with just "UKARA isn't a legal requirement..." etc. should just sig it and be done with it...

Comment

you could trade them and still be fine in keeping with the vcra act if you both have a defense, which doesnt have to be ukara but could simply be a dairy signed off by your site owner when you skirmish, as this validates you as an airsofter yes ?

Comment

Not only UKARA is not a legal requirement, it's not even recognised by some of the organisations that you'd think would know about it, ie, customs at the airport. UKARA only applies to retailers, you can't buy one and have it sent to your home without being a UKARA member, and customs probably would seize it if you tried to have one imported from overseas.

There are also plenty of people like me who own multiple airsoft guns before the whole UKARA thing even started, but that doesn't make our possession illegal as long as we can prove our purposes for them and don't go around doing stupid things (or anything) with them in public.

Comment

I'm sort of in the same boat , and had a few questions i was hoping someone in the know could help me with as this is all kind of confusing to me i've got a few RIFs a ICS MP5A4 NAVY AEG some gbb pistols and a M4A1 RIS most where bought some years ago now , 5 years ago i used to skirmish then i joined the navy left now and i just like having them in my collection and for plinking i may one day start skirmishing again , but like i said i'm really confused as to where i stand now.
                      for examble my mp5 needs new gear set etc if i buy tis and repair it am i manufacturing a RIF ? as i just plink and collect is this even a valid defence if im questioned on the matter ?
                      is UKARA actually anything to do with the law ?

thanks in advance for any help

Comment

It's only an offence to sell or make. So owning and fixing are fine

UKARA is a club run by shops to help them identify who is allowed under the VCRA 2006 to be sold to. Not a legal requirement, but is the easiest way of showing you meet what the law asks for.

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason86 View Post
                          I'm sort of in the same boat , and had a few questions i was hoping someone in the know could help me with as this is all kind of confusing to me i've got a few RIFs a ICS MP5A4 NAVY AEG some gbb pistols and a M4A1 RIS most where bought some years ago now , 5 years ago i used to skirmish then i joined the navy left now and i just like having them in my collection and for plinking i may one day start skirmishing again , but like i said i'm really confused as to where i stand now.
                          for examble my mp5 needs new gear set etc if i buy tis and repair it am i manufacturing a RIF ? as i just plink and collect is this even a valid defence if im questioned on the matter ?
                          is UKARA actually anything to do with the law ?

thanks in advance for any help
                          I started playing airsoft again this year in April after a 5 year period of not playing. Both me and friend had an AEG from 5+ years ago. I was told that as we had purchased the RIF's before the law changed then ownership was unaffected as it not illegal to own an airsoft gun, just you can't purchase without a valid defence. So your ownership of said RIF's is perfectly legal. Any accessories (mags, scopes etc etc) you can purchase, these are not applicable to the VCRA.

In my own opinion, buying a gear set to get an AEG in good working condition isn't breaking any law as you already own the RIF. Wether it has a working gearbox or not, it's a RIF either way.

The above is simply my own opinion and understanding of the laws as they are now. If i'm wrong feel free to put me in my place

edit: jagillham beat me to it as I was typing!
                          Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's gotta have one.

Comment

Brilliant thankyou thats really helpful
                            im still quite upset zero one never replied after me and a friend spent nearly 2k in the past
                            i wondered if i sent it for repair would it be posted back 51% orange or something ?

Comment

Yeh they seem to do that alot, I've not shopped there in years so that very reason.

They'd send it back the colour they received it in

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomson2912882 Find out more about tomson2912882
                              Working...
                              X