Ermm this is no way near legal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ermm this is no way near legal

Ok looking trough the ads which are free I found these people willing to import guns to the uk and sell RIFS to anyone in the UK they even had a wepsite.

This being highly illegal as they are not asking for a valid defense is there anyway I can report them or something?

Thanks for your help and time .

Re: Ermm this is no way near legal

How do you mean by "willing to import"? Anyone who tries to send a package containing an RIF without a massive UKARA printout stuck to the front will likely to have their gun seized by customs.

Where as if the person "smuggle" them into the country in person and proceeds to sell them onto others, then that's not strictly speaking illegal, as long as both parties are 18+ and can provide defense for possessing these items, then it's fine. Also they don't have to provide the proof to each other, they only have to if questioned by the authorities.

Comment

Really this is what the add says
      Black Electric Airsoft By Import Only in Fareham

We are Using a New Danish Supplier For Importing Black Electric Airsoft, These Orders Have an 8 Day Turn Around and Prices Include VAT & Shipping Call now on 07***********

It just sickens me that they are acting like a kind of middle man type thing.

Comment

fire off a e-mail to one of the ukara retailers
        trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

No offence committed until someone who has no defence actually buys one.

Its not illegal to advertise or bring a RIF into the country if you have a defence or are a registered business. The offence only occurs at the point of sale to the buyer if they aren't over 18 with a defence. You don't know if he has actually managed to sell anything yet or whether he asks for defence when you place an order.
          JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Missed the edit time!

I will take back what I have said above having just found the website. They actually state 'No Licence Required' next to black springer pistols - RIF's

They also cannot spell and ask for payment to be made by cash or bank transfer.

I think this should be a case for trading standards who should get the Police involved to confiscate / destroy these cheap market quality toys.
            JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

4) What You Order is Up-To-You!
              Re-Member if You Order Something That You Are Not
              Entitled To Own, It Was Imported Under Your Name
              So If You Get Caught With The Item
              (YOU WILL BE PROSECUTED!)
              NOT US!

Not too sure how they are running it but from the looks of this statement they are acting as a middle man and order the items in your name so if you dont have a defence then its your fault.

When they state no license required i think they are referring to firearms license? Still not good to be advertising it like that.
              . .

Comment

The Second Type Of Customer (Mr & Mrs Middle-of-the Road)

These are The Best Customers, Not always Sure of The Laws and in Most Cases are Weary of What They are Buying, Most Of These Customers want Value For Money and are Mostly Honest about What They are Looking For, They May Keep up a Long Email Relationship in Order To Get All The Facts, This is OK with Us!
                This is The Type of Customers We Like, Nothing To Stop Them Buying What They Want, Always Looking for a Discount Bargain often Because They are Not Die-Hard Gamers and Will Possibly only Ever Buy Once. The Best Type Of Customer!
                WTF?? really disliking this company now
                . .

Comment

Originally posted by windywindmill View Post
                  Not too sure how they are running it but from the looks of this statement they are acting as a middle man and order the items in your name so if you dont have a defence then its your fault.

When they state no license required i think they are referring to firearms license? Still not good to be advertising it like that.
                  Yeah but they're also selling rifs that are in stock, so won't be picked up by customs, assuming they are shipping from within the UK
                  Surely theyre breaking the law simply by offering for sale realistic (alright maybe not to us lot) firearms to any Tom, dick or Harry??
                  When some fucking tosser buys one of these and holds up a post office with it, this is just the sort of thing that'll get Airsoft banned (or certainly contribute to it)
                  Last edited by Thomo; 13 September, 2011, 12:06. Reason: Can't spell when ranting

Comment

I cant find it so will someone please send me the damn link so that I can look into this and do something about it if they are breaking the Law!!!

Comment

I missed this statement. I would argue that they are selling the RIF to you so they are the ones you should be checking your defence. The fact it is posted by a 3rd party is irrelavent.

WTF?? really disliking this company now
                      I am Mr Middle of The Road!! They will like me a lot as I have emailed them 6 separate questions already this morning!! :D I think at least another 6 emails by the end of the day and they will really love me

Comment

Just fired a email over to UKARA to see what they think
                        . .

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                          I cant find it so will someone please send me the damn link so that I can look into this and do something about it if they are breaking the Law!!!
                          Not allowed to send links but google the info in the 3rd post and that will bring up the classified ad that contains the link to the website.

Comment

Yay, another dubious character looking to spin a quick buck at the risk of our sport.

[insert banned word rhyming with punt here]
                            'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

21 years they've being going tho apparently?!
                              . .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SAS Scott Pure petrol head who is also crazy about airsoft. Find out more about SAS Scott
                              Working...
                              X