VCRA Spray Paint Colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCRA Spray Paint Colours

I am considering buying a TM G18C GBB two-tone, spraying it completely blue then tiger striping it (Much like what can be done in Army of Two), can anyone recommend a bright blue that isn't quite sky blue and works well on plastic? Krylon does a bright blue but being satin and a light blue and rare as unicorn s**t from a quick search, it doesn't seem to quite do the trick. Also, since in the VCRA it states 'bright' instead of 'light', would a royal blue work? (due to it being a very intense colour.)

Also, for the sake of seeing how lulzy VCRA is, could I get a silver slide on a black MEU then spray the pistol grip (only where the hand would be) green and be okay with the green primary on a 4:3:2 ratio?

Thanks in advance,

Proto
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Re: VCRA Spray Paint Colours

Ill say this Hold on to that soap bar cos if you drop it your gonna find out why gay criminals love prison.
    And so far as i know it is illegal

Comment

The VCRA states that the principle colour must be a bright colour but I don't think it mentions how it has to be applied (please correct me if I'm wrong) So in principle, blue tiger striping should be fine. I only think the tri-colour would be a bit iffy due to the positioning, though if I were to make it camo with five colours (black, white, tan, foliage green, bright blue) with the bright colour being 21%+ I think it'd be okay as it'd be visible that it is principly blue while not being covered, just cleverly disguised.

From what I remember, I think camo taping all black and other temporary covers are fine in game, (making it possible to be interpretted as real) so I think it'd be okay to camo, despite the overall colour being in actuality very small (also possible to be interpretted as real).

Comment

Still looking for good blue paint and confirmation either way on this!

Comment

why are you spraying it blue? its i crime to sell not purchase or posses

Comment

To keep to VCRA with not producing a RIF while not having it look stupid. I like how blue tiger striped looks, but if having camo-style makes it a problem, I don't think it's worth getting a sidearm just yet.

Comment

OK, VCRA (nor any of the implementation orders and guidance notes) define "bright" so it's up to you as long as you're willing to justify your choice if required. If it was me, I'd make sure that it's obviously blue in low light rather than a colour which could look black.

Remember, colours must be distinct so grey and silver wouldn't be seen as two colours and neither would dark grey and black.

Tiger stripes should be OK, the act doesn't say how the principle colour must be applied, again just be ready to defend your actions if needed. There's nothing to say what part of the gun has to be coloured, so in theory the grips could be OK, but remember that the rules are there to protect you as well and if the only bright bit was covered by your hands and you got shot by an ARV officer....

Percentage wise, as said above, the wording is "principle colour" and the ACPO handbook says this means the colour with the highest percentage:

2 colours - 51%
              3 colours - 34%
              4 colours - 26%
              5 colours - 21% and so on.
              sigpic

Comment

Brilliant, thanks!

Comment

As a final request, so hopefully this topic can help others in achieving a non-silly-looking two-tone, does anybody know of good plastic paint brands that do the VCRA specified colours?

Comment

plasticoat does the luminous green, blues , pink's. Wilkos or B&Q should have them

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Proto Find out more about Proto
                    Working...
                    X