Purchasing Without UKARA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing Without UKARA

I was wondering how I would go about purchasing without UKARA as I haven't got my arse in gear and renewed my membership and wouldn't mind getting a new toy for christmas. Is it just a simple case of a shop phoning a site owner or is there more to it?
    www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Re: Purchasing Without UKARA

Yes, but it's upto them whether or not they're happy to do it.

Comment

I just use my site membership number and the site in questions phone number for verifacation. works fine for me, some websites can be arsey about it, a london based one to be specific.
      sigpic

Comment

Do zeroone allow purchases without UKARA? I have everything else needed.
        www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

long as you have a valid defence you dont need ukara its useful but not the be all end all, skirmish diary or site membership etc.

Comment

As said all ready it's up to the shop.
            Reformed Pacifist

Comment

Originally posted by jediknight129 View Post
              long as you have a valid defence you dont need ukara its useful but not the be all end all, skirmish diary or site membership etc.
              It is if the retailer only accepts UKARA like a fair few do

Not too long ago I was refused by the shop linked with Urban Assault for that very reason. Offered them to call my local site owner, but they don't do that either!

Comment

see thats what narks me about ukara its a odd thing and a pain in the arse as not all sites with PLI are members so... what do those who are regs but not at an "approved" site do. bah. spose shops linked to sites is a way round that but..... IDK.

Comment

see thats what narks me about ukara its a odd thing and a pain in the arse as not all sites with PLI are members so... what do those who are regs but not at an "approved" site do. bah. spose shops linked to sites is a way round that but..... IDK.
                  Strictly speaking only sites with retail shops are members of UKARA. All airsoft sites with PLI can issue membership cards with UKARA membership numbers which are accepted by airsoft retailers.

Comment

sites pay to be on the register of approved sites iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Andrews View Post
                      Strictly speaking only sites with retail shops are members of UKARA.
                      Whut?

sites pay to be on the register of approved sites iirc.
                      You recall wrong.

Comment

fair enough, learn something new everyday, was told this by someone in the early days of ukara, I have heard odd things about it though with regards to dealing with them as a seller and as a site. and tom has a point, the membership numbers are site memberships not ukara memberships, the members of ukara are the retailers, its an organisation to protect retailers first and foremost.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sabbath I just love Black Sabbath :) Find out more about Sabbath
                        Working...
                        X