Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

UKARA - Whats to stop someone using your UKARA number as their own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKARA - Whats to stop someone using your UKARA number as their own?

Hi,

This just hit me yesterday as I was giving someone my UKARA. Whats to stop someone using your UKARA number for themselves? Surely if someone was buying online they could just plug in someone elses UKARA number?

Just makes me a bit nervous.. lol. It someone was to use your ukara number to illegaly purchase a rifle online, would you be considered as a participant of the crime?

Sorry if this has come up before. I searched "ukara" in the search box and got way too many threads! Searched through the first 5 to no avail.

Re: UKARA - Whats to stop someone using your UKARA number as their own?

If I'm not mistaken its bound to your address so shops won't ship to any location other than the one you set. good idea but huge pain if you move house!

Comment

i'm guessing if your name is attached to the number the shop should not take payment from anyone other than yourself. and shouldn't ship it to anyone but you.

Comment

The fact that its linked to your name address and postcode, simple as that.
        Thats why i have no problem in having it showing on my profile.

Comment

To reiterate what others have said, its linked to your address. Notice many retailers (I believe Zero In does) say in the small print that they send AEGs to the address linked on the UKARA number not the one linked to the card or whatever. There is absolutely nothing to stop you ordering a gun with someone else's UKARA number but you won'r receive it as it goes to them (the UKARA number holder) not you.
          For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
          Check out my other sales!

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
            The fact that its linked to your name address and postcode, simple as that.
            Thats why i have no problem in having it showing on my profile.
            yep,thats a fact,i bought some stuff ages ago when i first got ukara'd and wanted it to go to my parents address coz id be at work.....................not a chance,your address that is registered through ukara or no delivery.
            sigpic
            Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
            Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Ah right ok then that clears things up haha. I knew that UKARA was linked to your name and address, but as Ive never ordered online before I had no idea that they sent it to the address your UKARA is registered with.

Cheers guys big relief there.

Just out of interest, even though now I know it could never happen, what do you think the police would do if someone used your UKARA number to purchase a weapon. Reckon they'd hold you partially responsible?

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
                Ah right ok then that clears things up haha. I knew that UKARA was linked to your name and address, but as Ive never ordered online before I had no idea that they sent it to the address your UKARA is registered with.

Cheers guys big relief there.

Just out of interest, even though now I know it could never happen, what do you think the police would do if someone used your UKARA number to purchase a weapon. Reckon they'd hold you partially responsible?
                If there is no evidence to suggest you were actually collaborating, I guess they can't technically hold you responsible. However they may be suspicious on how the bad guys go their hands on your UKARA number in the first place.

Comment

I'm guessing you are meaning for second hand sales? I'm pretty sure they would not hold you accountable, it would be the sellers fault as they should have checked the details and made sure they match.

Comment

Yeah. To be honest if it were to happen I reckon that would just give the government an excuse to ban RIFs altogether .

Of course, that will never happen haha.

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                      I'm guessing you are meaning for second hand sales? I'm pretty sure they would not hold you accountable, it would be the sellers fault as they should have checked the details and made sure they match.
                      No I meant as in if someone gave your UKARA number to a shop and passed it off as their own. I know its an impossible thing to do, but Im just curious as to how the police would approach it lol.

Comment

Yeah. To be honest if it were to happen I reckon that would just give the government an excuse to ban RIFs altogether .

Of course, that will never happen haha.
                        We should get some MPs to play airsoft. Heck with their payroll they can afford it.

Comment

No I meant as in if someone gave your UKARA number to a shop and passed it off as their own. I know its an impossible thing to do, but Im just curious as to how the police would approach it lol.
                          The shop wouldn't send it because the names and addresses would not match. Unless you are talking about if you are at a walk in shop, I have no idea how things are verified there, photo ID to confirm your name?
                          Ultimately its not worth worrying about you are safe, that being said I personally wouldn't openly give it out to people.

Comment

As long as you had no knowledge of the act, they could be prosecuted on some kind of fraud charge (probably with a firearms rider thrown in for extra effect), but not you.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                            Working...
                            X