Renewing Membership for UKARA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing Membership for UKARA

I only got UKARA registered last March 2011. From what I understand UKARA lasts for a year. Am I right? After the year is up does UKARA inform me? Do I get a new UKARA number?

I know this might seem like a bit of a n00b question after playing airsoft for nearly a year but I have only just thought about it.
    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Re: Renewing Membership for UKARA

You are a member of the site you registered at and not a member of UKARA. It's the site that's a UKARA member.

All UKARA do is carry a searchable list of site memberships, so as long as your site renews your membership there you'll be OK.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
      I only got UKARA registered last March 2011. From what I understand UKARA lasts for a year. Am I right? After the year is up does UKARA inform me? Do I get a new UKARA number?

I know this might seem like a bit of a n00b question after playing airsoft for nearly a year but I have only just thought about it.
      I have renewed mine twice and the number stays the same. I pretty much just get my number reentered onto the retailer database and get the card back.

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
        You are a member of the site you registered at and not a member of UKARA. It's the site that's a UKARA member.

All UKARA do is carry a searchable list of site memberships, so as long as your site renews your membership there you'll be OK.
        Yeah I know I'm not a "member" of UKARA. I'm thinking of not renewing my membership with my current site. I'll be joining another one so I assume that I'd have to reply for UKARA again when my old site membership runs out?

Comment

As long as the new site is willing to register you then you can go straight on if you prove to them that you are a regular player. Even if they won't do that, any games you've played there will count and you can overlap memberships as far as UKARA are concerned.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
            As long as the new site is willing to register you then you can go straight on if you prove to them that you are a regular player. Even if they won't do that, any games you've played there will count and you can overlap memberships as far as UKARA are concerned.
            Yeah I know I can overlap memberships, I just don't care to renew the membership of the site I am at. Ok, so if I am no longer a member with the site I registered at UKARA with, should I inform them of my new site number?

Comment

ask the owner of the new site with which you hold membership,its up to them to get you onto the database with the number they supplied you.
              sigpic
              Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
              Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Yeah I know I can overlap memberships, I just don't care to renew the membership of the site I am at. Ok, so if I am no longer a member with the site I registered at UKARA with, should I inform them of my new site number?
                When I changed site I just registered with the new one and waited for the old one to expire. UKARA sent me a warning email to say the old one was finishing and I just ignored it knowing the new one was in place.

I bought a couple of guns during that period and there weren't any problems.
                sigpic

Comment

You can let it lapse. My local renews automatically if you've played recently (not sure exactly what they class as recently), so your current site may renew anyway.
                  In any case, it doesn't matter - just get yourself membership at the new site, and get that number registered.

Originally posted by magslap View Post
                  ask the owner of the new site with which you hold membership,its up to them to get you onto the database with the number they supplied you.
                  Not quite.
                  The "UKARA" number is actually a site membership number. They're all the same format (3 letters and 5 numbers) because the sites agree to use that common format when they affiliate with UKARA.
                  It is RETAILERS that can add numbers to the database - The sites can only edit part of that data. Kind of like file permissions - Only UKARA members (retailers) can create records, but affiliated sites can amend certain details (like renewal dates).

So, when you get the new number, you need to get a retailer to add that new number to the database. If the site has a UKARA member shop, they should be able to do that for you.
                  As Caveira says, you can have more than one registration active at a time. Just ignore the one you don't wish to continue.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys that has cleared that problem up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                      Not quite.
                      The "UKARA" number is actually a site membership number. ..
                      which is what i said

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                      It is RETAILERS that can add numbers to the database - The sites can only edit part of that data. Kind of like file permissions - Only UKARA members (retailers) can create records, but affiliated sites can amend certain details (like renewal dates).

So, when you get the new number, you need to get a retailer to add that new number to the database. If the site has a UKARA member shop, they should be able to do that for you.
                      As Caveira says, you can have more than one registration active at a time. Just ignore the one you don't wish to continue.
                      the site im with dont have a shop,and they can get me on the database no problem. they send the info off with my membership number and hey presto...im on the list.i dont care how its done as long as its done.
                      sigpic
                      Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                      Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Originally posted by magslap View Post
                        the site im with dont have a shop,and they can get me on the database no problem. they send the info off with my membership number and hey presto...im on the list.i dont care how its done as long as its done.
                        I would assume they send it to a retailer, hence why they have to send it off.
                        My local site has renewed my registration while I was there, but putting it on in the first place had to be done by the site shop (run by a retailer which is a UKARA member).

@Panoptes: Why the "dislike" with no explanation?

Comment

Sorry, that was a slip of the mouse with no way to undo it. Actually meant to like.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Sorry, that was a slip of the mouse with no way to undo it. Actually meant to like.
                            OK. I've had that too. I wonder if it's a setting or something that admins can change.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kensai Find out more about Kensai
                            Working...
                            X