Legality of converting a nerf gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legality of converting a nerf gun.

Ok guys n gals I am going to convert a nerf gun into an airsoft gun (as a joke TBH) and it will be kept yellow or what ever colour it is but then it will be running 40 RPS , so you can imagine peoples faces when I shoot it .

If I don't paint the gun would it be legal for me to turn it into an airsoft gun?

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/20527000...5d4dc9bc5b.jpg
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/cm/p...er-0508-de.jpg

Those are one of the two guns I want to convert ( I prefer the yellow one) .
    I am going to put a V6 or V3 gearbox into the gun and I will do away with the contacts and cut off lever ,as it will be a full auto only gun.I will just put a small button on the original nerf trigger and that will fire the gun.

The magazine will just be a custom made bright yellow auto winding box mag which will be fed into the gun via a feeding tube.
    What do you guys think of the project?

Thanks for your help and time.

Re: Legality of converting a nerf gun.

If you have a RIF defence under VCRA then yes... I guess you could lawfully convert a potato.

Comment

If it's yellow then it's not a RIF.

No issues at all.
      sigpic

Comment

Ok awesome.. Its time to search the internet for the cheapest and biggest nerf gun around :D...

Comment

This seems good with a v6 gearbox it's got a magwell so a hop-up could be lined up there and along with some mods you could probably make a STAR G36 drum mag fit in there for 2500 rounds.
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            If you have a RIF defence under VCRA then yes... I guess you could lawfully convert a potato.
            Surely you wouldnt need a defence as its not a real gun?

Comment

That makes no sense Air soft gun.

Would be somewhat funny though...turning up to a skirmish with a nerf gun!

Comment

The only reason im doing is for a laugh..I got all the parts to do it so why not.
                If I do build it I will be using it at the weekender...

Comment

Its a NERF gun, you dont need a defence at all for it wether its modded or not.
                  The fact there isnt even an age limit on them, only a recommendation.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

OH GOD please do this and post pictures when you are done.

I wanted to do somthing similar myself but with a nerf recon, but never had the parts

Comment

Originally posted by Brogeta View Post
                      OH GOD please do this and post pictures when you are done.

I wanted to do somthing similar myself but with a nerf recon, but never had the parts
                      I plan on making videos of me doing some of the work.
                      The nerf gun I am going to mod is HUGE and I can fit an M4 inside of it so it will simply be a m4 receiver,gearbox , pistol grip and barrel in the gun.As I have said before it will onyl be full auto so it will be very simply to do , I will ditch the contacts and cut off lever .It will just be using a button to trigger the gun ,there will be a safety as the nerf gun has button with a cover over it (like those fighter jet buttons).

I have spent a long time planing what I will do and how I will make it function easy .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SAS Scott Pure petrol head who is also crazy about airsoft. Find out more about SAS Scott
                      Working...
                      X