Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodgeups Airsoft - Sniper Scope cam videos

Hi everyone,

This is my Youtube channel of Sniper Scope cam videos.

------------------

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShkxMWRR9Hk72YWatDOwXQ

------------------

I play at EAG Worthing and Tech Brigade.

Four videos on there so far, subscribe if you like what you see as I'll be making lots more.

Thanks.

Re: Bodgeups Airsoft - Sniper Scope cam videos

Originally posted by Bodgeups View Post
    Hi everyone,

This is my Youtube channel of Sniper Scope cam videos.

------------------

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShkxMWRR9Hk72YWatDOwXQ

------------------

I play at EAG Worthing and Tech Brigade.

Four videos on there so far, subscribe if you like what you see as I'll be making lots more.

Thanks.
    There's actually currently six videos?
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Smart arse... if you watch them, you'll see only four of them are actually proper shooting videos!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodgeups View Post
        Smart arse... if you watch them, you'll see only four of them are actually proper shooting videos!!
        Thanks, but I don't think I'll bother with that attitude. Do you work in customer services for Sky TV by any chance?
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Well come on... what were you trying to do by pointing out there were six?

No, but I am the BOFH for News International ;-)

Comment

I'll be posting a video explaining the kit I use tomorrow night.

Comment

I just watched the most recent one and posted some suggestions for improvement in the comments - I hope you're open to constructive criticism. I have also subscribed so hopefully that'll act as some consolation, I enjoy sniper videos and until I can start making my own, there aren't really enough people on YouTube doing airsoft "snipers" justice, as I'm sure you'll agree.

I figure I might as well post my suggestions here too, to see if other people agree with me, plus there wasn't enough space to properly include everything on YouTube.

First off, I like the idea but the execution, whilst not bad by any means, does have room for improvement.
              My suggestions:
              - Since it's literally just killing people, cut it down a lot. You could have made three 5 minute videos out of one 17 minute one, it'll do your YouTube stats good. The videos are quite engaging, there's something satisfying about seeing BBs fly through the air and hit people, so people probably will watch them all. I know I would. So that'd get you 3 times the number of views, a higher potential for video shares to up your viewership and subs and if you're monetising your videos, you'll up your chance to get more dosh from it as well.
              - Every shot you ever make ought to be seen through the scope cam, the headcam doesn't give us anything to look at.
              - If you're going to use the headcam for anything, pistol kills and some idea of how well you use your camo and surroundings to your advantage would be key uses for it.
              - You need to cut certain stuff out that isn't needed, the start of the video I watched had you messing about with the camera for a minute or so, I don't think anyone would agree that needed to be in there.
              - Adding a scope reticle overlay onto the camcorder footage would increase the quality of the video no end, you could easily set it up to line up with the shots too, since the camera is already pretty central with your crosshairs by the looks of things.
              - Lastly, the sound quality of the scope cam seems to be a lot better than the GoPro, so why not leave it rolling the whole time and mute the sound picked up by the GoPro? You could sync the footage and use either camera's footage when you need, but the camcorder's sound for all.

Oh actually, I just remembered some other stuff, giving us an idea of the range to the target would be good, even if it's just a guess. 40m should be an easy shot for a sniper so when you let us know it's more than that, it adds a bit more appreciation of your skill to the video.
              The zoom of the scope cam makes it very hard to gauge the distance you're shooting too. Maybe including the range, and the zoom of the camera in a top or bottom corner or something for each shot. Or you could even just say it so we can hear it on camera.

Other than that, you seem to know what you're doing with that rifle. :P

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
              : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
              AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

Thanks for that Ed, it's nice to see some detailed feedback.

I'd come to the same conclusion about cutting down the video length; YouTube gives you some nice analytical tools to look at how people are watching the videos & the average watch time with mine is between 4 and 6 minutes. At this point I'm really not interested in monetising the videos. I started this project to bring something new to Airsoft for me, not to bore everyone with adverts about cars and the latest Disney Pixar movie!

Yes, I appreciate watching it with a fresh pair of eyes, you would wonder why there were two examples where I didn't provide the scope footage. For one of them, the view was blocked but I included it at the targets request (I shot his tooth out and he wanted to see it from my perspective...). And the second, well there are times when I move immediately after firing the shot and even if they connect, the scope camera isn't pointing at the target. Again though, it's good to get that feedback.

I agree in principle about the scope reticle and using audio from just the camcorder, but the video editor I have is limited in it's capabilities (it only cost £25) and I'm still learning how to use it. Plus, creating the videos in the way I do at the moment means it only takes me a day or two to put it together. Separating out the audio, overlaying the crosshair for each individual clip, it would double the workload! So at the end of the day, I focused on what I wanted to actually capture - the essence of playing Airsoft as a sniper. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with what I'm producing at the moment.

And as for estimating range... I have the hop set level & the scope zero'd at 150 feet (50 yards - 46 metres). So I choose to let the travel time and the arc of the BB tell the story. I have a laser range finder, but you just can't use it in-game.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Guv...ature=youtu.be

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

test

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi Bodgeups,

Did you post what equipment you use to film with? Wonder how you film through the scope?

Thanks

Comment

I wanted to do this with my Barrett, but dont have access to the materials to create the box which holds the camera.

Have you a photo of your set up?
                            Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Cool videos man! You are far more patient than me!
                              "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bodgeups Find out more about Bodgeups
                              Working...
                              X