Airsofters not taking there hits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsofters not taking there hits

Quite annoying when people don't take there hits, especially when you tell them that you hit them..
    "If you had hit me i would've felt it mate" ...... No its airsoft mate you don't feel it every time you get hit.

Re: Airsofters not taking there hits

Bet he heard it though, I did. Aim for the giblets when you see him again.
    For Sale
    Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Got to be careful with these shaming vids. While you have the drop on them them bang to rights there I can't see the BBs. As said in another thread yesterday, quite often they don't show on videos, so I'm not saying you didn't hit him either, but its not conclusive, but now these guys are on the internet as cheaters when there are a number of other explanations. First possible going by just the video is are you sure you weren't dry firing or misfeeding?
      I had a guy rock round a corner and open up without his mag in once. Conversation went
      "oh come on mate, take your hit",
      "Try again mate",
      "Bollocks".

Comment

What Fig says I can't see any thing fly at them. Other vids show them and some don't. It's a little inconclusive.

Comment

Did the other guy take it?

Comment

All I can say is I was there and could see and hear the BB's hitting, for some reason my go pro was set to 60fps so footage isn't that great.
            I didn't upload it to shame those guys at all, they could be anyone at the end of the day.
            I Just wanted to see what other people thoughts where on taking hits when you haven't felt them but are told by the opposing player that they hit you.
            My view is that you take the hit, saying "I never felt it" is stupid.

Comment

I've come across a few people at NTAC not taking hits. I haven't been for a few months so hopefully it's changed a little. I personally can't see the BB's on the video but I'm pretty sure I can hear them, unless thats fire coming in from elsewhere.

I shot a guy in the bollocks at NTAC, it was the same story, that he never felt it. He might have had a cup on or something but even then you can feel some impact

Comment

Ive been in this situation a handful of times. Im just happy i surprised people and hit em. If theyre childish and want to remove the element of excitement in their dat by refusing to take a hit then thats their choice to be boring. I usually just come back and shoot them again
                Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

He sounds pretty arrogant with his excuses. You were jumped, deal with it and take your hits.
                  Lurker.

Comment

Putting myself in his shoes, getting told I've been hit by a player when I've not felt it, can't tell you which way it falls out: That I've been caught out from the rear just like that I think I'd just assume that I'd been hit in the vest. I like to think my awareness is such that even if I didn't feel it I'd be hearing it and know it for what it is.

Have to say though, there are times when other players have told me I've been hit and I've told them to get stuffed because they clearly haven't. It helps if you are told politely, and the player telling you has been a sensible chap all day.

In the case of your video though, if BBs were coming out then you hit the guy multiple times, there's just no way he can be on the level when he's saying he didn't feel them. Max settings on the camera if you see him again, catch him out and present the marshals with your video (assuming he's a regular). I'd still say don't post it up publicly though: for me it just isn't the way I want to see airsoft go.

Comment

I totally agree that a lot of the time in videos you can't see the BB's hitting the offending player. I feel unless the proof is definitive, there is always going to be a question mark hanging over the incident. I recorded an incident yesterday at The Asylum, which I feel was blatant cheating. I fired off (From a fresh 30 round mag) about 25 shots at a player at close range. He didn't call a hit and returned fire and hit me. From my POV, I could see the shots were hitting, he was wearing multicam, green armbands and a mesh facemask. But then, so were a lot of players on the other team. I would have been unable to identify him to a marshal with 100% confidence.

In the video however as with a lot of such videos, it is not as clear as I saw. So I'm forced to ask for the viewers' opinion.

Here's the video:

Whilst wild accusations of cheating, be it on the field or YouTube are bad for airsoft. These videos are a positive thing if used responsibly. The player cannot be identified from my video, so his reputation cannot be tarnished. Nor can the reputation of F&O as I've found their sites to be well Marshalled. What these videos can achieve is making the cheaters of this world think twice about shrugging off those hits as they could very well be caught on camera.

Comment

Hard to tell, but at that range with the amount of shots it would be unlikely that you missed.

With regards to Dan's OP, I know the guy, and Dan was right to question it. Teflon hero's are bad enough on the other team, but worse when it's one of your own.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                          Hard to tell, but at that range with the amount of shots it would be unlikely that you missed.

With regards to Dan's OP, I know the guy, and Dan was right to question it. Teflon hero's are bad enough on the other team, but worse when it's one of your own.
                          I never saw OP's video, it says it's unavailable. But yeah, I always question myself in situations like this. Was my mag feeding? Were all the shots being deflected by leaves? Am I that terrible a shot? Did the guy genuinely not feel or hear the hits? In this instance though I feel that this player was being a bit of a naughty boy.

Comment

I could see shots travelling past the leaves, and they were certainly headed in the right direction. As far as not being aware of the hits, sure, a few hits is understandable, but nearly a full mag? Nah, if you were making contact, he would have known!

Dan's video showed him entering a tight cqb area, aware of opposing players in the next room. He entered with his barrel aimed center of mass to my non-stick acquaintance, you heard at least one shot before he then pointed at the other guy in the room and let off another shot. He then turned back to Teflon Terry for a third shot (couldn't hear if he was double tapping or not) at which point the guy returned a shot and Dan called himself out. Dan questioned wether the first guy had been hit to which he replied 'I always take my hits matey, I would have felt it'.

In that situation, I would have thought to myself I was dead to rights and given Dan the benefit of the doubt. I probably call myself out more often than I should, but I would rather take a few hits from ricochets than spoil another players game by frustrating them.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                              In that situation, I would have thought to myself I was dead to rights and given Dan the benefit of the doubt. I probably call myself out more often than I should, but I would rather take a few hits from ricochets than spoil another players game by frustrating them.
                              Absolutely this. I'm not that full of myself that I'd say I've taken every hit ever. There are genuine instances where it's genuinely plausible that I've not felt or heard hits. I try therefore to play as fair as possible. If I'm pinned in a bush taking heavy fire, I'll just call the hit, even if none of the bb's make it through. If I'm out in the open and I'm suddenly fired on, I'll take it. Rather than trying to be like Neo from the Matrix and dodge all the BB's flying past me like I've seen people try. I just don't think it's that important to survive that I'd sacrifice my integrity.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanNest Northern President of Reaper Crew Airsoft Insta: @reapercrewairsoft @dan.stangoe Find out more about DanNest
                              Working...
                              X