Why helmets can be a good idea WARNING::Bloody injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why helmets can be a good idea WARNING::Bloody injury

If you choose not to wear head protection (like me) you have to accept the risks of getting injured. Same goes for facemasks. Even after this incident, I'll not wear a helmet, but I'll probably pay more attention to my surroundings.

Play safe people.

Re: Why helmets can be a good idea WARNING::Bloody injury

Oucher! The blood is running down like a tap! Stitches?

Comment

Years back, I did something similar,at the now long gone Unreal Airsoft in Stoke. just it stopped my head and my body carried on. Luckily, I was wearing a helmet and only suffered whiplash-like injury, but the helmet had a chunk taken out of it and I'd hate to think what that would have meant for my skull if I hadn't been wearing the helmet.

Comment

Some sites, such as the UCAP Tunnels, I won't play without a helmet, too risky in my opinion.
        Thanks for the video though, it might save a few banged bounces.

Comment

I know helmets can be a bit of a pain, but when you can injure yourself like that so easily, is a lightweight fast lid, really that hard to put up with?
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
            Some sites, such as the UCAP Tunnels, I won't play without a helmet, too risky in my opinion.
            Thanks for the video though, it might save a few banged bounces.
            Saw a guy at UCAP Bunker almost knock himself out by not ducking far enough down when crossing a long tunnel to go through a mouse hole. We were all following an RC car and I was 2 behind him when he properly twatted his forehead!! Went down big time and we were severely worried he was dead. Luckily he was just stunned and apart from a headache and an egg shaped lump, he was ok.
            JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
              Oucher! The blood is running down like a tap! Stitches?
              Yeah, 7 stitches and glue.

I'll probably have a small bald patch as according to the doc who stitched me up, there was a bit of flesh 'missing'

Comment

Originally posted by McKillmore View Post
                Even after this incident, I'll not wear a helmet
                SERIOUSLY ?, never say never, certain sites, certain types of games, all can increase the risk, whatever your load out there's something suitable, you can even get baseball caps that have a hard liner, work like a hard hat.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                  SERIOUSLY ?, never say never, certain sites, certain types of games, all can increase the risk, whatever your load out there's something suitable, you can even get baseball caps that have a hard liner, work like a hard hat.
                  It's like the people that don't have teeth protection, don't see why they would want to risk it.

Comment

I always knock my head on things when playing. Christ, in a lot of my video's I do have bits of footage when I whack my knoggin'! This is far worse than anything i've done, though I came VERY close to almost impaling my head on a metal bar at the sandpit.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8uAjxKMPT4&hd=1
                    Last edited by Stones; 4 February, 2015, 00:12.
                    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Helmet for me....and face and neck.
                      I wouldn't want to ruin my modelling career now!
                      sigpic
                      "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
                        I always knock my head on things when playing. Christ, in a lot of my video's I do have bits of footage when I whack my knoggin'! This is far worse than anything i've done, though I came VERY close to almost impaling my head on a metal bar at the sandpit.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8uAjxKMPT4&hd=1
                        Sounds like a gunshot lol

But yeah, I know I run the risk of losing teeth and getting head injuries. It's just how I like to play. I can only hold myself responsible for my injuries.

Comment

I took an Oshiboom to the head...feck that hurt...might invest in a helmet now
                          -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                          -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

More of an Owshiboom in that case!

Comment

I would probabully where one for any URBAN Games as a matter of course as I know how fast paced the games are, but I got shot a lot in the head in GZ Woodland a few weekends back so....the problem I find having warn helmets in games is A, the Wight, B Thay make your head hot in the summer or if your running around a lot, C they are never actually that comfortable, D Cost, Thay are like £70 for a decent one and the others are aether rubbish or very fragile

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

McKillmore Just a grown man running around playing with toy guns. Pew pew! Find out more about McKillmore
                              Working...
                              X